CBL: Yes or No?

Do you agree with the banning of CBL practices?

• Yes

Votes: 20 30.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 69.7%

• Total voters

Wishfulthinker580

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Recent threads have peaked my curiosity on the opinions of AH members on this topic so I’m starting this simple poll.

I believe I have it set up to ensure the anonymity of voters and I will request that the mods lock the thread and delete any and all comments that may occur until it is locked (and also please verify that voters will remain anonymous). @AfricaHunting.com

Your username will not be displayed publicly and your vote cannot be changed once it has been entered.

I would like to avoid another dumpster fire of a thread so I humbly request that no comments be made.

I voted no. God willing I hope to go on a lion hunt, with the right outfitter. I don't generally go anonymous on much of anything. If I'm willing to believe/support something I stand behind it. ;)

I voted no. God willing I hope to go on a lion hunt, with the right outfitter. I don't generally go anonymous on much of anything. If I'm willing to believe/support something I stand behind it. ;)
I feel the same way as you about anonymity but I know there are those that don’t feel the same way.

Interesting poll... Frankly it's breaking (so far) about the way I'd figure it might.

Good idea. So many different opinions, with this we shall see where we stand as a hunting community.

I hunted a couple of CBL lioness's in 2022 via following a PH and a native African tracker. I very much enjoyed it. If it is not outlawed, I may hunt CBL lions again someday. That stated, I understand the quality of these hunts may vary greatly depending on what outfitter one hunts with.

This is my hunt report;

Last edited:
I must correct myself because I don't read small print. Mea culpa.
I voted (wrong) based on title.
My answer would be yes, and thats how I voted.

But the actual question was with opposite meaning.
That part skipped my attention, and I voted yes, based on title question.

I cannot change vote or undo, but if moderators can - I would be grateful.

I hunted a couple of CBL lioness's in 2022 via following a PH and a native African tracker. I very much enjoyed it. If it is not outlawed, I may hunt CBL lions again someday. That stated, I understand the quality of these hunts may vary greatly depending on what outfitter one hunts with.

This is my hunt report;
To be fair, it is not the method of the hunt itself that people find objectionable. Also, no one is saying it can’t be or isn’t an enjoyable experience. I had hoped to avoid another discussion on this topic in this thread as there is ample opportunity for that elsewhere. This is why I requested in my OP that this thread be locked . The vast majority already have their minds made up. This is supposed to be a simple poll where people can participate without having to get in a back and forth with someone else or be bombarded with information from either side.

I must correct myself because I don't read small print. Mea culpa.
I voted (wrong) based on title.
My answer would be yes, and thats how I voted.

But the actual question was with opposite meaning.
That part skipped my attention, and I voted yes, based on title question.

I cannot change vote or undo, but if moderators can - I would be grateful.

I apologize, I should’ve worded my question differently. Or used the question in the title as well. I’m easily confused :)

To be fair, it is not the method of the hunt itself that people find objectionable. Also, no one is saying it can’t be or isn’t an enjoyable experience. I had hoped to avoid another discussion on this topic in this thread as there is ample opportunity for that elsewhere. This is why I requested in my OP that this thread be locked . The vast majority already have their minds made up. This is supposed to be a simple poll where people can participate without having to get in a back and forth with someone else or be bombarded with information from either side.

My bad. I should have just voted and shut my piehole. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AundreaHal

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.