Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Canned Lion Hunting in South Africa

South Africa will release its new industry wide regulations on hunting and has offered up some last minute surprises. South African Environment Minister Marthinus Van Schalkwyk is reported in the press to have banned the hunting of captive bred large predators within two years of their release on a property for the purpose of hunting. he original proposal set the release time at 6 months. The regulations apparently will prohibit “hunting large predators and rhino that are ‘put and take’ animals, in other words, a captive-bred animal that is released on a property for the purpose of hunting within 24 months.”

The new regulations will prohibit the bow hunting of animals with “thick skins,” and large predators, as well as hunting from vehicles. They will also introduce a uniform national system for the registration of breeding operations, game farms and more. The regulations will go into effect June 1, 2007.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EulaMaur64

Latest profile posts

SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani
FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….