Canada bans import / export of elephant / rhino ivory (hunt trophies also)

Unfortunately, this is total expected given the ideologues currently running Canada. Given time they will also ban hunting inside Canada. Some Governments can be reasoned with, some can't. Sadly for Canada you have the latter. The only way to return some sanity is to vote them out of office and make it clear to the new government why you voted that way. At least your Opposition Leader seems to be OK.

As for the various 'celebraties' and businesses supporting the woke agenda, maybe turning their own slogan against them, boycott their products: "When the buying stops, the bans stop"

I hope that Canuckistan will return to normal after our Dictator is ousted. The first few months of Pierre Poilievre leadership will be spent repelling the woke libitud bullshit gun laws, environmental policies and other rampant social spending.

One more reason to add to the Canada sucks list. To any Canadians reading, you really need to kick out Justin Trudeau. He’s a parasite on you guys up there….we’re not doing much better down here but at least Biden doesn’t clap for literal N@zi’s

Just found out yesterday. Ban takes effect Jan 8th, No pre notice or oppurtunity to discuss or cuss with proper informed groups and organizations. Wonder what SCI will do?

One more reason to add to the Canada sucks list. To any Canadians reading, you really need to kick out Justin Trudeau. He’s a parasite on you guys up there….we’re not doing much better down here but at least Biden doesn’t clap for literal N@zi’s
At least we have a promising opponent. How are you making out with that?

Here in Oz we had a Prime Minister in the 1980’s ban any elephant product from coming into the country. He was going to ‘save the elephant’ :rolleyes:
All these bans also work for the agenda of removing firearms. The Wokes are winning and we (firearm owners/hunters) will go the way of the dodo.:(

Just found out yesterday. Ban takes effect Jan 8th, No pre notice or oppurtunity to discuss or cuss with proper informed groups and organizations. Wonder what SCI will do?
Graham, Does this mean that Canadians will Now need to ship their Elephant trophy to Mexico - swim it across the Rio Grand and walk it into the U.S. (disguised as an asylum seeker) then drive it up to Toronto (dressed as a Homeless person)? It’s a lot of effort but it should work

Realistically these bands can’t stop you from elephant though. You can get replica taxidermy that’s arguably better than the normal way, and they can’t control what other countries do with their animals. And they can’t control where you go on vacation. I see nothing but lopeholes with these kinds of bands.

It’s potentially tied in with their attempts to ban hunting rifles capable of over 10,000 joules of energy. Argument for ownership was they are used for hunting large and dangerous game, such as elephant. It doesn’t stop with this.

Last edited:
It’s potentially tied in with their attempts to ban hunting rifles capable of over 10,000 joules of energy. Argument for ownership was they are used for hunting large and dangerous game, such as elephant. It doesn’t stop with this.

Correct. If you can’t hunt animal x you don’t need rifle y , now give it up.

Repeat going down the scale.

Your bigger problem in Canada is the same type of problem that a number of us have here in the US, and a number of our states.

The liberals in the big cities control everything. Here in Colorado we are controlled by the front range metropolitan area. Sad to say it but even a conservative state like Texas is turning blue with the larger population centers outnumbering the rest of the state.

There have been a number of maps posted in the last little while that shows that just the east and west coast of the US can pretty much vote in who they want for President if we go to a popular vote instead of the electoral vote where each state has a number of votes and can actually go one way or another in a presidential vote.

But like wolves, our spring bear hunt, and a number of other things here in Colorado the uninformed are the ones making the decisions.

Realistically these bands can’t stop you from elephant though. You can get replica taxidermy that’s arguably better than the normal way, and they can’t control what other countries do with their animals. And they can’t control where you go on vacation. I see nothing but lopeholes with these kinds of bands.
Connor, replica taxidermy? Replica ivory? There is No such thing - the word your looking for is FAKE, or IMITATION.... and if you’re going to “fake it” then just fake the entire Safari, save $$$ and don’t even travel to Africa but “pretend” you did. Obviously I’m Not directing this at you - agree the ban is ridiculous but I take zero comfort in being able to “fake it”, would rather take nice photos and or a video and have that - at least it would be “real”. I hope eventually Hunters don’t have to fake hunting or replicate real hunting on some video game etc..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClevelandV

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)