BRNO ZKK 602 Scope ring options?

deewayne2003

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
I’ve got a BRNO 602 .375H&H I’m looking to mount a scope on and have a couple of questions.

1. Are CZ550 scope rings/bases fully interchangeable with the BRNO 602?

2. For those of you with 602’s which mounting option did you have success with?…. Preferably QD

1. Yes

2. I'm using Warne QD on my 602s and am very happy with them. I've never tried Alaska Arms, but I've heard that they are highly regarded. I believe Talley also make mounts to suit these rifles.

Warne works well on ZG 47. The same ring-mounts and 2-piece bases work on: post-WW2 Model 21/22, ZG 47, all ZKK models and CZ550. One piece bases work on Model 21/22, ZG 47, ZKK 600, etcetera. Picatinny bases are a separate story.

I really like (and use) the Alaksa arms QD ring for the CZ550 and BRNO 602

I had Warne QD rings on my CZ550 and removed my scope regularly for cleaning and travel without any loss of zero.

Warne's are difficult to lap, and the CZ dovetails are not always cut as straight (relative to the receiver) as they should be. They (Warne) were the best, and only real choice for a long time. I'll be putting Alaska Arms on the cz550 416 Rigby I picked up this week.

Alaska Arms lever rings fit the Brno 602 Magnum action and the CZ 550 Magnum action interchangeably.
I prefer them over other brands however, on Model 98 Mausers, I have used the old fashioned - original Talley brand lever rings on their bases (milled blocks of steel) with perfect success.
If Talley presently makes rings for the factory milled square bridges on the 602 and the 550, I would bet they work fine as well.

As akrifleman points out, according to some folks, the CZ 550 millwork was not always super precise.
I’ve heard it from others as well so, I expect it was true.
Personally, I did not experience any such problems with the several 550’s that I used to own.
But, mine were from earlier production Model 550’s, both Magnum and Standard calibers.
The 6.5x55 that I kept (factory stocked carbine, Model “550 FS”) is one of the most accurate rifles I’ve ever owned.
I suspect the milling problem was when CZ’s equipment was wearing out, just before they quit making the otherwise excellent 550 series of rifles.
That said, a professional Gunsmith more than likely could easily re-cut the notches to fit.

It's called "drinking and posting". Welcome to the club. ;)
That’s funny…. Because it’s true!
IMG_3086.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Regis56

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!
swashington wrote on 112Savage's profile.
May be interested in that LH Ruger in 375R. got any pics?
We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!