BRNO ZK vs CZ 550

With Tongue in cheek I dare you to do a video showing its quicker and still be accurate not just firing?

:LOL:
Fred if I had the range and the time to practice I would. I would do it both ways. That is with my 416 Rigby

DWB, I do agree that the palm method is less likely to short stroke. Yes, I do realise there is a massive amount of difference in the recoil. You do handle the recoil better than I do with the 416. My muzzle climbs higher than yours. (y)

The last Ele (My second one, so not enough to draw any conclusions about El) I had the bolt back and going forward as the muzzle was coming down. Relatively quick I would think,........mind you adrenalin probably helped.:LOL:

Hi Sarg,

If it was me, I would have done the same: to use a ZKK 600 with the ZKK 602 barrel to make a more aproppiate 458 Win!!
Your pictures reflect the same differences in finish of my ZKK´s from 1967 vs 1977.
Best!

CF

Pictures of my two ZKK. Sorry, are many but I think they ilustrate the differences...

601 1977 308 Win
ZKK-601-308-W-1977-1.jpg
ZKK-601-308-W-1977-2.jpg
ZKK-601-308-W-1977-3.jpg
ZKK-601-308-W-1977-4.jpg
ZKK-601-308-W-1977-5.jpg

600 1967 9,3x62
P6231956.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
14.jpg

Attachments

• P6231958.jpg
    P6231958.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited by a moderator:
Thumb and forefinger leaves the gate open for shortstroking......palm technique done correctly you cannot short stroke......to each their own but when your or somebody elses life is on the line palm is the way to go.....

I have a few ZKK600 & 601, don't have any 602's at the moment but used a lot of them in both .375H&H & .458Win, I think too heavy in .375 & a little long in standard .458Win, hence me fitting a ZKK602 458Win barrel to a ZKK600 action.

Used lots of CZ550's to from .375 .416 Rigby .458Lott & .500Jeffery, good fit in .458Lott & .500 Jeffery. currently have a as new CZ550 in .375H&H, stock is way chunky & too heavy but sure is mild to shoot.

I prefer the ZKK600-602 myself but the CZ550 is fine for Client hunters .

The early ZKK line in the mid-late 60's is far superior in the fit & finish to the later rifles.

I used the later 1977 action for my .458 as it is slightly heavier & I had a peep sight to fit it but not the early 1966 action which takes a two spring peep sight.

You can see the difference here on the side wall from the 1966 to the 1977 action
View attachment 591412View attachment 591413
The 1977 ZKK600 action with 1984 ZKK602 .458Win barrel
View attachment 591414

I agree with the CZ 550 being too big for the smaller calibers. I think it's a perfect fit for th 450 Rigby and the 500 Jeffery.

Clodo, very nice pictures thank you one thing I do find wrong with them is it looks like the rifles don't get any action that 308 looks in mint condition like it came out of the box today.

So, is Brno better or CZ -- I mean in terms of quality straight from the box?

OK, is it better to buy a used Brno 602 at half the price of a brand new CZ?

Brno....

And yes.....

So, is Brno better or CZ -- I mean in terms of quality straight from the box?

OK, is it better to buy a used Brno 602 at half the price of a brand new CZ?
I'm pretty sure the CZ550 is discontinued.

I also think you will pay more than half the average price of the CZ to secure a Brno 602 in good condition.

They are out there it's just finding a good one at a good price.

Thumb and forefinger leaves the gate open for shortstroking......palm technique done correctly you cannot short stroke......to each their own but when your or somebody elses life is on the line palm is the way to go.....
I can not agree with you as several wars testify to thumb and fore finger. Palm method also leave the gate open for the palm to slide off the bolt in both directions, I have seen this happen more than once.

Thumb and forefinger "done correctly" you done short stroke. Palm method "done correctly" you don't slide off the bolt.

I had Wayne at AHR put the M70 type 3 pos safety on my CZ 550 as well as his single stage match trigger. Huge upgrades imo.

I can not agree with you as several wars testify to thumb and fore finger. Palm method also leave the gate open for the palm to slide off the bolt in both directions, I have seen this happen more than once.

Thumb and forefinger "done correctly" you done short stroke. Palm method "done correctly" you don't slide off the bolt.
No more wars....as I said to each their own but you will not convince professiinals in the field any other way....

No more wars....as I said to each their own but you will not convince professiinals in the field any other way....
Fair enough but you wont convince me the professionals are correct. I would advise that which ever way a person wants to operate the bolt they practice.

The reference to wars was in relation to the stress people are under and the method did not fail them. Yes it gets back to practice.

Hi Frederik,

The 308 ZKK is one of my old rifles I have not used too much...Really I did not falled in love with it...Some time it was in one of my brother in law hands. He used almost nothing. Anyway, the stock has his knocks and marks and some white corners in the blueing marks.
I used the 9,3x62 a lot more, in relation of the time it is with me! I have some pictures....

Since the CZ 550s are out of production, I wonder how long it will be before they achieve the same status as the BRNO ZKs ....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ValeriaPal

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)