Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Hunted
South Africa (Limpopo, Eastern Cape & Kalahari), Nicaragua, FL, CA, SD, GA, SC, CO
Does anyone have any of the new BOG Tripods? I was looking at the Great Divide Tripod in Carbon Fiber. I'd like to know how you like them, pros & cons of them, etc. Thanks!!!!

I have the older style.
I didn't like the newer ones with the wing style release.
Spray painted the red foam and top legs with flat black, green and brown.
I also cut down the deep "U" to make it more shallow to accommodate my crossbow.
Still works very well for rifles.
Considering an upgrade to ASC 3-section super compacts.

Had mine for about 15 years and love it for my rabbit shooting in the hill country. Never had an issue with it and it still works like new.

I have the same one as @BeeMaa i like them but one of the legs won’t lock anymore. I put some electrical tape around it for temporary. I need to call them but have been busy.

If you have any luck getting ahold of them please let me know how you did it. I have the same problem and would like to get mine repaired but I have had no luck getting in touch with them.

I just bought one of the RLD-3 tripods through Midway. On sale then for 50 bucks. I would have preferred the wing lock legs over the screw tight because they're faster.

It's lightweight, but seems like it should hold up well. If you push enough, the legs will flex. I have not been to the range with it.

I'm not sure how I feel about the cradle for the top. It is just a pin with a spring-loaded bead to hold it in. It will probably work. But if I was going to travel with it, I'd probably take a spare.

If you have any luck getting ahold of them please let me know how you did it. I have the same problem and would like to get mine repaired but I have had no luck getting in touch with them.
I’ve had trouble.

With a lot of companies having to shut down part of their operations and lay off employees you may have a problem getting in touch with them until all this virus stuff ends or the government allows them to reopen.

I'm not saying that this is the case with Bog Pod but they are usually fairly responsive and will get you the parts when requested.

I'm not sure how I feel about the cradle for the top. It is just a pin with a spring-loaded bead to hold it in. It will probably work. But if I was going to travel with it, I'd probably take a spare.
The cradle at the top works well for my wife and I.
As I mentioned, I trimmed it down a bit.
We use them weekly at the range and they also went on Safari with us.
They were a much better option than the sticks our PH had.
Plus, I'm a dance with the one you came with sort of guy...so I'll use my own stuff.

I would not burden myself with taking a spare cradle, although it wouldn't take up much space.
It's just one more thing to overpack with...if you loose it, you can use the PH's sticks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dreamer44

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?