Australia for Retirement?

I want her to have a shovel in case the snakes show up! At least a rake...
And she's not much of a shopper tho she's a way better story teller than me.
So she just as well stay and dig.
@freefall
Forgot to tell you the only way that shot with the air rifle was possible was because of modern technology
To get the velocity needed you cock the rifle, insert the pellet and while the action is open give the air chamber a few drops of ethanol and a good squirt if WD40. Close the action and take the shot. The extra lubricants really boost velocity

Problem is my mate was standing about 4 foot to the left of the muzzle and a few feet back. He somehow lit a cigarette at the same time as the pellet and gasses from the lubricants left the muzzle. The resulting flame from ignition of said gasses burnt his eyebrows clean off and singed his beard and moustache. You should have seen the look on his face. He just said man that old BSA sure has some oomph .
TRUE STORY. Would I lie to you
Bob

@freefall
Forgot to tell you the only way that shot with the air rifle was possible was because of modern technology
To get the velocity needed you cock the rifle, insert the pellet and while the action is open give the air chamber a few drops of ethanol and a good squirt if WD40. Close the action and take the shot. The extra lubricants really boost velocity

Problem is my mate was standing about 4 foot to the left of the muzzle and a few feet back. He somehow lit a cigarette at the same time as the pellet and gasses from the lubricants left the muzzle. The resulting flame from ignition of said gasses burnt his eyebrows clean off and singed his beard and moustache. You should have seen the look on his face. He just said man that old BSA sure has some oomph .
TRUE STORY. Would I lie to you
Bob
You've never lied to me yet, why would you start now?
.243 bbls make just as good tomato stakes as you said!
Too bad I can't grow tomatos for Shinola.

my late grandfather,s favorite saying was you don,t know shit from shinola, that informed me that i was ill informed in his blunt assessment of my actions. i miss him.

Snakes….people worry too much about nothing.

View attachment 598798
It is not the snakes one sees first that are the problem.

Well, seems there are a few take-charge species out there...

Folks, with doubtless years of experience, are always saying they won't bother you, if you don't bother them. Unfortunately, I am still seeking out the snake that will accept an apology after I step on it, by accident...

Here in Ontario we have virtually no poisonous snakes, at least to humans. The one we do have actually has a fairly nasty venom, both hemo and neuro toxic. Generally, the anti venom is not in abundant supply.

Is it only me, or do people find the authorities generally underrate the capability of area snakes. The thinking seems to be that the under-reaction is not on the pro destroy side. But it seems to misrepresent the actual capabilities. Places like Oz, one would hope would keep a level head given the existence of some potentially nasty customers. But in a lot of the US and Canada, the snakes seem to have friends in high places. The normal format is something like "The shy and retiring T-Rex..."

It is not the snakes one sees first that are the problem.

Well, seems there are a few take-charge species out there...

Folks, with doubtless years of experience, are always saying they won't bother you, if you don't bother them. Unfortunately, I am still seeking out the snake that will accept an apology after I step on it, by accident...

Here in Ontario we have virtually no poisonous snakes, at least to humans. The one we do have actually has a fairly nasty venom, both hemo and neuro toxic. Generally, the anti venom is not in abundant supply.

Is it only me, or do people find the authorities generally underrate the capability of area snakes. The thinking seems to be that the under-reaction is not on the pro destroy side. But it seems to misrepresent the actual capabilities. Places like Oz, one would hope would keep a level head given the existence of some potentially nasty customers. But in a lot of the US and Canada, the snakes seem to have friends in high places. The normal format is something like "The shy and retiring T-Rex..."
I have never killed a snake in my life despite nearly 70 years of interaction with them on my rural operations around Australia . Brown and Tiger snakes are deadly but only been chased once by a pair of Browns . Generally I go one way and they go the other . Our house is well serviced by pythons eat rats , bats and possums - a good service . Often I pick them up when we have overseas visitors . The look on their faces is priceless .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DanielDalz

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.