Arnhem Land Australia Cull Buffalo Hunt

Is it OK to us a 35 Whelen? Asking for a friend.
@Bob Nelson 35Whelen
Most certainly is! The correct projectile and load will do the job! Nice and close and look them in the eye! I have a client hunting with us this year using a 35 whelen!

What would it run to add a "trophy" bull to the package?
Also, what is the drive time from point of pickup to camp?
It is an 8 hour scenic drive to camp. $4500 for an add on trophy bull

Regards Alex

Is water buffalo the only game you can offer?What other species do exist on your concession?Wingshooting or other mammals?Culling horses,camels and donkeys?Barramundi we know of.OK.but only water buffaloes?

How about using a bow for this? Also, is any of the meat exportable? I would love to bring home some filets.

Is water buffalo the only game you can offer?What other species do exist on your concession?Wingshooting or other mammals?Culling horses,camels and donkeys?Barramundi we know of.OK.but only water buffaloes?
There is also scrub bulls and pigs on Alex’s buff concession. Barramundi and camels are available also with Alex but in other areas he has. The buff concession is remote central Arnhemland…

Bows wouldn’t be an issue. Meat recovery because of location and logistics could well be problematic.

I don't need all the meat. Just thought I might be able to cut out 10-20 pounds or so from each one and throw it in a cooler until I get back to camp. Freeze them and ship them in a Yeti cooler or two.

I don't need all the meat. Just thought I might be able to cut out 10-20 pounds or so from each one and throw it in a cooler until I get back to camp. Freeze them and ship them in a Yeti cooler or two.
It’s probably up to your country if you can bring the meat in but I expect it would be a huge expense even if the outfitter can assist with getting the meat to town.
There are some great esky’s available here but you would still want to restrict transport time to about 3 days if you could line it up. There may not be air freight out of Darwin.

I’m sure the outfitter would prepare some fresh Buffalo for you in camp if requested. All the prime cuts and maybe a camp oven stew.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
divydestination1

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?