Any Other Interests???

Cooking
Painting
Piano
Collecting vintage restaurant menus

Restaurant menus, eh? Any specific region or time?

I found several from the late 70’s when I was going through my grandfather’s papers. They were from his travels in Southeast Asia. The one I remember specifically was a New Year’s Eve menu from a restaurant in Indonesia.

If that’s up your alley, I’ll look around and see if I kept any of them. I’m happy to mail them your way if you’re interested and I can find them.

I found several from the late 70’s when I was going through my grandfather’s papers. They were from his travels in Southeast Asia. The one I remember specifically was a New Year’s Eve menu from a restaurant in Indonesia.

If that’s up your alley, I’ll look around and see if I kept any of them. I’m happy to mail them your way if you’re interested and I can find them.
That’s so considerate of you. I collect menus from restaurants from all over the world. No specific timing. I have an entire shoe drawer full of them.

Amateur woodworker.

IMG_1298.jpeg

IMG_1293.jpeg

When I’m not fishing I’m hunting and when I’m not hunting I’m fishing…

I really love collecting memories with friends fishing on my boat in or around SF Bay or along the CA North and Central Coast.

IMG_6151.jpeg

IMG_6112.jpeg

image000002.jpeg

I enjoy working on the boat:

My latest projects are a heavy duty crab pot puller and auxiliary fuel tank for tuna fishing offshore.
IMG_0233.jpeg

65729881407__8E51A934-3DBF-4DAC-BFCD-C0DEBAC325F1.jpeg

71019185879__7168750D-408A-46DE-8647-81111043D1BB.jpeg

We have a 3 story commercial brick building that’s over 100 years old that I’m always updating or doing TI work on. It has apartments on the 3rd floor, commercial space and an art gallery on the main floor and artist studios and shops throughout the main floor and the lower level. I have my office and shop on the lower level. I do metal work and build things for my boat in my shop.

My pop runs our art gallery, so I’ve become a patron of the arts. My collection includes everything from plein air, modern, and fine art paintings. My pop is a potter, we have a potters studio, so I have all kinds of pottery from him and others. I also collect small metal art sculptures…

Cooking
Painting
Piano
Collecting vintage restaurant menus
Painting, I'd enjoy seeing. My Ma used to paint, watercolor, acrylics, some oils ..

Piano: I've looked at Yamaha Clav's the past several years. A Yamaha CFX Grand is on par with the world's finest. They now have Bosendorfer's Imperial Grand replicated/built in.
As it is, though Bosendorfer remains an independent Austrian Builder, Yamaha essentially bought the Company to use, replicate that sound in their digital workstations.

Up here .. I'd give anything for the simplest provisions.

"Capitol Grill" though ..

Since retiring from 41 years a Fireman, I have taken up knife-making, it's as satisfying as it can be frustrating.
Reloading and hunting have been my main support for 50 years, and got me through 2 divorces and mental health issues due to PTSI.
Cheers,
Mal.

20240218_142433.jpg
20240218_142534.jpg
20231221_114234.jpg
20231218_193200.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t have any hobbies. I work. My dad is a depression baby and he taught me how to do everything. I rarely hire anybody to do anything around the house, ranch, lake etc. Generally just leaves me sore and wishing I had hobbies. :). Over the last five years or so I have started letting other people change my oil. That was a big step. :)

Idk if it's just me but seems difficult to find enthusiasm.
"Grateful", but hardly inspired.

I don't even understand todays new form of music? I call it .. schmusic ;

Music was heavy in the Family .. Going through Ma's stuff, I found the correspondence as she met & kept in touch with Graeme Edge & Co. from "The Moody Blues" 1971.

"One the Threshold of a Dream" .. how cool.

1708970557117.png

1708970592122.png

Music was heavy in the Family .. Going through Ma's stuff, I found the correspondence as she met & kept in touch with Graeme Edge & Co. from "The Moody Blues" 1971.

"One the Threshold of a Dream" .. how cool.

View attachment 589634

View attachment 589635
One of my favorite concerts was the Moody Blues backed up by the Oklahoma City Philharmonic. An incredible night of music.

One of my favorite concerts was the Moody Blues backed up by the Oklahoma City Philharmonic. An incredible night of music.
Thanks for sharing, in music that will never be heard again. Ma said they were really genuine, friendly, courteous, & respectful people. It was they're last stop on the US Tour and anxious to get home to their families. Glad to hear @Wheels .. idk many who recognize or talk much about The Blues.
"The Best way to Travel"

Last edited:
Sorta interesting, I did get to meet Robbie Krieger from "The Doors".
Ray Manzarek motivated me on piano, young .. traded a model train for a Fender, Piano Bass
1708972774206.png

1708972837427.png

Thanks for sharing, in music that will never be heard again. Ma said they were really genuine, friendly, courteous, & respectful people. It was they're last stop on the US Tour and anxious to get home to their families. Glad to hear @Wheels .. idk many who recognize or talk much about The Blues.
"The Best way to Travel"
Probably no other contemporary band from my youth had the genre to be backed up by a full orchestra better than the Moody Blues. Pink Floyd may have been close.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
writegenic.ai

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.