Animals destroy airplane tires?

I talked to an exterminator about mice & rodents at campsites. He recommended peppermint spray. I haven't tried it yet. I had planned on taking ordinary Victor traps but as soon as one goes off the trap is effectively bait for more mice.

REF:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M59V3HB

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-04 at 8.53.47 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-04 at 8.53.47 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
Anything from the rodent clan likes to chew on rubber.
Years ago I was elk hunting off the Grand Mesa in Colorado. The Oak Brush/Aspen zone was loaded with Chipmunks.
The little Bastards got under my truck and chewed up the small diameter hose that was attached to the 4WD solenoid.

The problem isn't limited to furry animals. Vultures in Florida's Everglades are pecking at windshield wipers, tires and rubber seals around roof windows. We were warned about this prior to our trip to camp in Florida's everglades last February. We didn't see it happening when we were there and the locals said it happens in the summer months. One park service employee working at one of the visitor centers said she has to throw netting over her entire car after she arrives at work and parks her car in the lot.

I added one of those electronic motion detector, anti-rodent devices under the hood
I stuffed moth balls in a few spots, in the frame and been lucky so far

Then there are the mice that chew up your electrical wiring in your vehicle.:V Chainsaw:
Had a mouse chew through the overhead door floor gasket, found an entry point to my CNC machine and chewed the wiring to my RS 232 port. Fixed that with 4 O steel wool. Can't touch this! Thanks MC Hammer. Chunky style peanut butter works better on mouse traps than smooth. Still have a chipmunk problem in summer though. Wonder if my neighbors mind if i use my .450-400 for that quick second shot since they are very quick!

"Funny" but many times no laughing matter. Really can be head scratcher. Ask anyone who has had a vehicle totaled because of mice chewing up wiring. Locally, I know of couple who had a small property with house they would use seasonally. They stored a Land Rover there. One year they came back to find all the wiring chewed. Had to total the vehicle. My understanding is that certain manufacturers use or have used vehicle wiring with insulation that is especially tasty to rodents. I got called one time to inspect a dead black bear that had opened a weather and security cover on a buried, high voltage connection box at a mountain top electronics relay site. Chewed into some bury cable and zap!
Land Rover get totalled for a lot less....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WayneBoone

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?