Alec Baldwin Movie Set Accident

Let me get the perspective here straight…. there are 7+ mil motor vehicle accidents each year in the US. These accidents account for over 43,000 deaths. While there are 29 pages over the last 2 1/2 years of posts here about an accident at a movie set just outside Santa Fe NM involving an actor and one death?

Let me get the perspective here straight…. there are 7+ mil motor vehicle accidents each year in the US. These accidents account for over 43,000 deaths. While there are 29 pages over the last 2 1/2 years of posts here about an accident at a movie set just outside Santa Fe NM involving an actor and one death?

So what’s your point??

People that have traffic accidents, and fatalities are involved, are usually held accountable.

People who shoot and kill other people are usually held accountable.

It seems if you are a Hollywood elite (jerk), apparently you can get away with murder.

the key to the baldwin case in "involuntary manslaughter"..

manslaughter requires "recklessness"...

not all MVA's that involve a death are a result of reckless behavior (plenty of accidents occur with people observing the speed limit, not being drunk, etc.. and have someone die as a result of the accident).. .

in baldwins situation they are asserting he participated in reckless behavior which resulted in a death..

much like someone would be criminally charged for involuntary manslaughter if they were intoxicated while driving and caused an accident that resulted in death.. or they were committing a "reckless driving" offense (extreme excessive speed, or purposefully weaving in and out of traffic, etc..) which resulted in a death.. (the driver in these cases would be facing the same potential penalties that baldwin is facing)..

Yep....you have it in perspective.....:cool:

Just like politics has how many pages? and the accumulated multiple pages on the 458WM?

Yeah it's hard to wrap one's head about what gets the most attention on this forum.:LOL:

Local news reporting verdicts on Armorer trial:
Guilty on Involentary Manslaughter.
Not guilty on tampering with evidence.

Sounds like a good verdict.

I hope they get Baldwin too. He pressed on despite serious red flags and warnings about the safety issues. Whether he pulled the trigger(which he did) is completely irrelevant.

The testimony (based on the snippets I've seen), indicate Baldwin fired the initial loading of blanks and wanted to do another run-through - immediately. He was demanding the Armorer hurry up and get it loaded back up. Every thing was rushed, including the required secondary check by the assistant director.

Local news showed a still picture of the box of ammo (blanks) - with blanks and live rounds inserted nose down and primer side up. Just like you would have at home.

From just that picture it appears that the blanks had copper colored primers, and a live round (circled in the picture) had a silver colored primer. Also there were some spent rounds (or possibly dummies) with spent primers. Some of those primers were also silver.

It looked confusing as hell to me. But assuming some level of competence, I can't see how you could load a revolver and not see the lead bullet sticking out the end of the brass.

The testimony (based on the snippets I've seen), indicate Baldwin fired the initial loading of blanks and wanted to do another run-through - immediately. He was demanding the Armorer hurry up and get it loaded back up. Every thing was rushed, including the required secondary check by the assistant director.

Local news showed a still picture of the box of ammo (blanks) - with blanks and live rounds inserted nose down and primer side up. Just like you would have at home.

From just that picture it appears that the blanks had copper colored primers, and a live round (circled in the picture) had a silver colored primer. Also there were some spent rounds (or possibly dummies) with spent primers. Some of those primers were also silver.

It looked confusing as hell to me. But assuming some level of competence, I can't see how you could load a revolver and not see the lead bullet sticking out the end of the brass.
The fact that there were live rounds even in the same building should be punishable. Who ever thought that having live rounds close to blanks for a movie set was a good idea.

When people drink and drive then kill someone in an auto accident they go to prison. Should we expect less because because the criminal is an elite, Hollywood liberal?

Yes.

conservative-minded people are bothered by hypocrisy more often than not.

When a liberal puke kills someone with a gun that, in other realms thinks should be banned- hypocrisy ensues.

This is basic human behaviour stuff.

When people drink and drive then kill someone in an auto accident they go to prison. Should we expect less because because the criminal is an elite, Hollywood liberal?
DOUG: I believe it is very UNfair to expect Hollywood Actors to be held accountable - they are Not real people, they are “pretenders” and we have to accept they do Not use their brains the same as real people do. They “read what to say”, are told (Directed) what to do and when, and they do all of that very well…. Give Alec credit for what he does well - he married Kim Bassinger (when she was ”Hot”)—-that was an A+ accomplishment. Who points any gun at someone without personally checking to see it’s Unloaded or does Not have a live round in it??? I have No idea how anyone does that, no matter who handed you the gun = YOU always check it yourself

DOUG: I believe it is very UNfair to expect Hollywood Actors to be held accountable - they are Not real people, they are “pretenders” and we have to accept they do Not use their brains the same as real people do. They “read what to say”, are told (Directed) what to do and when, and they do all of that very well…. Give Alec credit for what he does well - he married Kim Bassinger (when she was ”Hot”)—-that was an A+ accomplishment. Who points any gun at someone without personally checking to see it’s Unloaded or does Not have a live round in it??? I have No idea how anyone does that, no matter who handed you the gun = YOU always check it yourself
In this case it WAS Alec Baldwin doing the directing. He does not get to claim innocence because he is an idiot liberal.

Your reply did remind me . of something that happened at deer camp many years ago. My cousin had bought a new Browning 9mm. He brought it out and handed it off. There were 5 or 6 of us all about the same age and had gone to school together. We each took a turn handling the pistol then passed it on to the next guy. After it got back.to my cousin one of the guys said something about how none of us let the muzzle cross anyone, and that each one of us checked the chamber as we took.the gun, even though we all.had seen the guy before do the same thing. We all understood that safe gun handling is just what you have to do. Being a rich actor does not mean that you get to blame the gun that you failed to handle safely.

Having worked in the prison system for 22 years, O have heard every excuse for bad behavior. Personal responsibility still matters. Stupid should hurt.

In this case it WAS Alec Baldwin doing the directing. He does not get to claim innocence because he is an idiot liberal.

Your reply did remind me . of something that happened at deer camp many years ago. My cousin had bought a new Browning 9mm. He brought it out and handed it off. There were 5 or 6 of us all about the same age and had gone to school together. We each took a turn handling the pistol then passed it on to the next guy. After it got back.to my cousin one of the guys said something about how none of us let the muzzle cross anyone, and that each one of us checked the chamber as we took.the gun, even though we all.had seen the guy before do the same thing. We all understood that safe gun handling is just what you have to do. Being a rich actor does not mean that you get to blame the gun that you failed to handle safely.

Having worked in the prison system for 22 years, O have heard every excuse for bad behavior. Personal responsibility still matters. Stupid should hurt.
DOUG: When I hand a gun to my 30 yr old Son - I open it first, right in front of him and check to be sure it’s UNloaded…. He will then also immediately check the chamber and still we keep muzzle pointed in safe direction - that’s an ingrained habit for both of us…but I believe only Firearm owners and users are that careful. I’m Not sure if Alec is responsible “legally” but I know I wouldn’t trust anyone to hand me a gun and “trust” it’s unloaded — Not even my Son, it only takes a second to double check for yourself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathewflinders

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.