AHR .458 Lott price check

RR 314

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I’ve been thinking about selling my full custom AHR in .458 Lott. Beautiful rifle. No CZ markings on barrel. Trying to get a realistic opinion on price to decide if I am going to let it go. Any input is appreciated. Here are a couple pictures.

0F5232AD-8FF9-4893-962D-E3D330C71421.jpeg
A4DDCEB2-FAFC-4CB6-AA3F-5D73F03D3CDB.png
FBB18B91-0776-408B-B14D-8550D971DF0D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think AHR bought cz actions directly and built some rifles. It may not have Kansas city stamped
on it.
Krish

Thanks Krish, I was hoping you would see this. Thanks. I don’t have your collection, but do have two AHRs without CZ 500 on the action. :).
You are wecome. I have a few of those. That is how I know. Depending on what all done to it the price varies. Your action looks more like granite mountain action modified front bridge. I may be wrong.
Krish

You are wecome. I have a few of those. That is how I know. Depending on what all done to it the price varies. Your action looks more like granite mountain action modified front bridge. I may be wrong.
Krish
Man, I wish you were right. Just my poor camera skills. They just look so much better IMHO without the CZ banner/billboard.

DC7643C9-939B-4F45-8BD5-144FBA54F4F4.jpeg
D20674F7-84E3-4067-8673-1C017897156F.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Barrel length? LOP? Wayne built it?

I don’t know the build date. Not sure if AHR still looks up build sheets like they have in the past. LOP fits me perfectly so I would guess it is 14 inches+. I will confirm barrel length and LOP this afternoon.

Mark, I go to Houston (from Austin area) every week or so and could swing by El Campo one of these days if you may have some insight.

Thanks Krish, I was hoping you would see this. Thanks. I don’t have your collection, but do have two AHRs without CZ 500 on the action. :).

I don't understand. I think the world of the CZ 550 action. Any knowledgeable buyer would know that it's a CZ action. What action would the buyer think it was?

Very Nice rifle for sure. I called Wayne and he verified it is one of his builds. He did not give me a build date. I must resist on making an offer. Just to many other needs for funds right now.

Looks like a CZ action to me. The font of the serial number and the the indentation on the rear bridge for a scope mount to lock into especially. There's probably a name for that I just don't know it.

Solid rifle, sir.

I don't understand. I think the world of the CZ 550 action. Any knowledgeable buyer would know that it's a CZ action. What action would the buyer think it was?

Looks like a CZ action to me. The font of the serial number and the the indentation on the rear bridge for a scope mount to lock into especially. There's probably a name for that I just don't know it.

Solid rifle, sir.
Yeesh guys;
It's a CZ action. It just doesn't have all the CZ 550 etc markings on it. Nobody was saying it is not a CZ action.

It just looks classier without all that marking it up! AHR would order unmarked actions from CZ to build their AHR brand rifles on.

The other option was/is to send them your own CZ rifle and have them do their upgrades so it is essentially the same as an AHR, but is actually a CZ with AHR Upgrades.

I would think this unmarked rifle should be worth more than one marked CZ 550.

Rigby builds their rifles on Mauser 98 and other actions. AHR is not Rigby, but this part of AHR's business is similar. They both build rifles on actions they buy from others.

Yeesh guys;
It's a CZ action. It just doesn't have all the CZ 550 etc markings on it. Nobody was saying it is not a CZ action.

It just looks classier without all that marking it up! AHR would order unmarked actions from CZ to build their AHR brand rifles on.

The other option was/is to send them your own CZ rifle and have them do their upgrades so it is essentially the same as an AHR, but is actually a CZ with AHR Upgrades.

I would think this unmarked rifle should be worth more than one marked CZ 550.

Rigby builds their rifles on Mauser 98 and other actions. AHR is not Rigby, but this part of AHR's business is similar. They both build rifles on actions they buy from others.
Exactly. Weren’t AHR’s full custom rifles called “DGR” (dangerous game rifle)? I wonder if he made/makes any small bore rifles?

Assuming it's not a CZ barrel but a match grade barrel fitted by Wayne I think $5,500 - $6,000 is a fair buyers' price.

Damn.. My 401K might have to shrink.. LOL.. Then wife would wanna kill me.. LOL.. That rifle is GORGEOUS!!

Thanks to all. Mediumbore, I have been in communication with Mark Biggerstaff and told him one of my knowledgeable friends told me it should sell “quickly” at $5750. I don’t know what his view of time is, but smack middle of your range. Thanks to all!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Young35E89

Latest profile posts

We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!

I live in Tyler Texas. I like Ruger single action revolvers Ruger rifles, and Marlin and Winchester lever guns.
SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,