Reaction score
Website
us.leica-camera.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
IMG-20220923-WA0015.png
IMG-20220923-WA0016.png

The topic of climate change is more present than ever. No wonder, since the current heat seems relentless. For some years now, there has been talk of “forest conversion”. The goal is to move away from spruce monocultures to a climate-stable mixed forest. Forest fires have been keeping us busy for weeks, and they can hardly be brought under control. So anything but good omens for the forest. Unfortunately, there is more and more talk of our beloved roe deer and red deer additionally damaging the forest through browsing and stripping. Extending the hunting season and of course, shortening the closed season is a permanent topic of discussion. For this reason, lynxes and wolves have been released, with the hope that they will resettle, multiply, and find suitable habitats. There is no lack of good game for them to pursue.

However, I am of the opinion that we need our game and that hunting should be practiced in a balanced, forward-looking way. After all, our native game offers sustainable, regional, and high-quality food in the form of venison, which will become even more important and popular in the future.

Right now, our wild animals need us more than ever. During the current heatwave, for the very first time, I have seen a deer drinking at a stream. A fascinating observation, but most of all concerning. After all, our roe deer normally absorb all the liquid they need through grasses, plants, and especially morning dew. But what if it doesn’t cool down at night and no morning dew forms?

IMG-20220827-WA0003.png
IMG-20220827-WA0009.png

In my view, every liter of water is vital, and I am glad to see each wild animal that drinks from the freshly filled wallows. I was even able to watch a buzzard sipping water. These are the moments that bring me joy while hunting.

So, get out the water hose and start supporting our game. It needs us, and it needs us now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennyJuan9

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?