.700 AHR Ridiculousness :-)

RR 314

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I know this won’t be for everyone, but it brings me joy. Well, I haven’t shot it, and that may be where the joy ends. What is comical to me is that the dies come in a cardboard box as I assume there may not be a traditional die holder that could house these things—at least not in one box.

For reference from right to left:
.404 Jeffery
,458 Lott
.550 Magnum
.700 AHR

Is it practical? No
Is it overkill over the Overkill? :). Yes
Does it make everyone who handles it smile? Yes

Well done, Wayne. Well done!

IMG_6424.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like fun! Why haven't you tried it out yet?

Pics of the rifle?

Probably stop a charging velociraptor in his tracks.

I think it's awesome. I saved a pic from the listing ..
View attachment 587981
That is the squirrel killing rascal. Sorry for delay. Just got out of my daughter’s volleyball tournament. My ears are ringing more from screaming girls and whistles than they would be if had a chance to shoot it. Will probably be a while before I get out to shoot it. Going to swap the recoil pad out and do some other tweaks.

That is the squirrel killing rascal. Sorry for delay. Just got out of my daughter’s volleyball tournament. My ears are ringing more from screaming girls and whistles than they would be if had a chance to shoot it. Will probably be a while before I get out to shoot it. Going to swap the recoil pad out and do some other tweaks.
Are you pre-booking shoulder re-construction surgery, or will you wait until after you shoot it......I would pre-book if it was mine o_O
gumpy

Are you pre-booking shoulder re-construction surgery, or will you wait until after you shoot it......I would pre-book if it was mine o_O
gumpy
Already lined up for my left shoulder. Thankfully I shoot right handed. :).

I understand if you don't shoot it, .. if that hit the surface web sales sites, it would have been long gone. His work in general though, I can't believe how refined a rifle can be for the cost.

1708233996527.png

I understand if you don't shoot it, .. if that hit the surface web sales sites, it would have been long gone. His work in general though, I can't believe how refined a rifle can be for the cost.

View attachment 588028
I currently have 5 AHRs and the craftsmanship on each is great. The .700 will be shot, I just want to tweak it for fit/LOP before detonation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GailZook1

Latest profile posts

We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!

I live in Tyler Texas. I like Ruger single action revolvers Ruger rifles, and Marlin and Winchester lever guns.
SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,