500 Jeffery Club

I gotta get off this forum you boys are killin me. I JUST got my first "big bore" a little 416 and after reading this thread yall have me ready to skip the measly 458's altogether and go straight to a 500+. The bad part is I don't even need the 375 or 416 I anyway have I sure don't need a 50 lol
But you absolutely must have a 600 nitro express ! 900 grain bullet rocking along at 2050 fps out of 26 inch barrels. You will learn to love it . After you get hooked on a 600 a 416 anything will feel like shooting a 22 .

But you absolutely must have a 600 nitro express ! 900 grain bullet rocking along at 2050 fps out of 26 inch barrels. You will learn to love it . After you get hooked on a 600 a 416 anything will feel like shooting a 22 .
I think a 600 may always be out of my willing price range, though I'd love to have a double some day, but the 500, 505, 585, 577's are at least a possibility.

I joined the club yesterday. I have not fired mine but I have shot a couple of her sisters over the years.

View attachment 598513View attachment 598514View attachment 598515

Finally got a chance to try out the 500J. Not much of a run….just 6 shots offhand. 3 x 25 meters and 3 x 50 meters. She’s near enough for what I need.

IMG_6804.png
IMG_6805.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I regret the days I ever clapped eyes on this. It's not mine of course.
View attachment 604363
View attachment 604364
It wouldn't do for me to have that rifle if get no hunting done for stopping to show everyone my rifle. I can see me in the front of the truck grabbing the PHs arm "stop over there under that tree" PH "what? What you see?" Me "a Baboon at the top that ain't seen my rifle yet!" Lol

It wouldn't do for me to have that rifle if get no hunting done for stopping to show everyone my rifle. I can see me in the front of the truck grabbing the PHs arm "stop over there under that tree" PH "what? What you see?" Me "a Baboon at the top that ain't seen my rifle yet!" Lol

Lol! What a beautiful rifle.

If I'm not mistaken, this is it. About 8mins in,

Asking price + 20% off ..

Last edited:
To make it easy to find:

Vertical, non-staggered, "straight" stack, no problemo.
The Weatherby MKV depends on sheet metal feed lips at the top of its box,
and a very thin, flat follower,
for carts of 460 WbyMag head and rim size. Hey, those are mildly rebated carts too, heh-heh-heh.
Three down straight-stacked there too with the DGR drop floor plate added.
Just need to get a bolt face with proper fit for .575" rim ...
Hey, .583" rim on the 460 WbyMag and .604" belt diameter.
Existing bolt face of the .378-based carts might work ?
Rebore your .460 Weatherby Magnum barrel and run a .500 Jeffery or Schuler reamer into it ?
Shucks, it's still a pushfeed !
But I do have a MKV .500 Bateleur that could be cleaned up with a reamer.
Gotta check to see if Gunsmith had to open the bolt face to fit the .510/ .338 Lapua Magnum Improved instead of that rebated .30-378 WbyMag rim ...View attachment 599267

View attachment 599268View attachment 599269

Another reason I have been working on my .500 Jeffery since 2003.
What is the .500 Bateleur?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AundreaHal

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.