Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Ducks unlimited
Hunted
U.S.A. South africa
I am in the process of gathering parts for my 416 rem mag build. I am building it on an old beat up winchester model 70 that I picked up years ago. I have the barrel ordered and am trying to locate a follower. Everywhere i am finding shows they are discontinued anyone know where to find one?

I am in the process of gathering parts for my 416 rem mag build. I am building it on an old beat up winchester model 70 that I picked up years ago. I have the barrel ordered and am trying to locate a follower. Everywhere i am finding shows they are discontinued anyone know where to find one?

Call Midwest Gun works. Picked up one from them about 5 weeks ago. They did have them. Not listed on web site. I called them. I got follower, mag box and spring.

Also. Call Winchester Parts Dept.
they had also. A little higher in price. They made a run of 416 Rem mags so they have some.

Last edited:
Are the springs interchangeable or are they more specific to the larger calibers?

I think you’re going to love your rifle when complete. My primary Dangerous Game rifle is a pre-64 model 70 in .416 Hoffman, which is basically the same as the Remington. It’s a fantastic caliber, blending shootability with plenty of power for any animal. You've got a great action and great caliber. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

You'll have a keeper for sure. What barrel are you using ? Douglas Premium, I hope.

In regards to the magazine follower, I would suggest giving New England Custom Guns a call.

Here she is. This started life as a 7mm mag. Sent the action off to Douglas to have them screw on a 25 inch #4 xx premium barrel. Their turn around time is amazing!! 3 weeks from when I sent it till the day they called and said it was ready I then had it 4 days later. Found a factory safari grade stock on gun broker for a decent price and the scope on here. All in I have about $1500 in this gun including the scope.
1000002673.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeramySanc

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.