404 Jeffery Custom For sale

wvfred

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Zimbabwe x 2 and Zambia
I have a 404 Jeffery here that belongs to a friend that does not do computers that I will list for him.It is a 1908 Brazilian oberndorf action that was barreled by an employee of Douglas barrels.The stock was machined by Shane Thompson and all the finish work was done by Jack Haugh(have receipts).It has a 24" barrel and a 14.5 LOP.It has a quarter rib,barrel band sling mount,blank silver oval in the stock and Blackburn drop box bottom metal.It weighs 8.5 lb. on my postal scales.I have more pictures and have the rifle here so if there is a specific picture you want let me know.If anyone is interested PM me and I will give you his phone #. He is asking $5650 shipped in a hard case.This is a very nice rifle! I should have a pic in a few minutes.

Right hand

20230327_140909.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! I guess it’s an open sights only gun at the moment with that flag safety?

How many rounds does the magazine hold?

I only had three rounds to check it and it held them easily so I would assume four.

Thats a nice rifle in a wonderful cal. Best of luck with the sale

Hi Wvfred,

Love the rifle!! By the way, If the rear bridge MAUSER stamp is original, the action is from a 1935 Brazilian Mauser. Even more desirable than the 1908 one!!
Good luck to your friend.

CF

Just want to verify it's 8.5 pounds? I have been looking for a lighter 404 in that range, but most are 9.5 plus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Young35E89

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!

I live in Tyler Texas. I like Ruger single action revolvers Ruger rifles, and Marlin and Winchester lever guns.
SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,