Berettaco

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
South Africa
Good afternoon all,
Does anyone have any firsthand experience (and hopefully pics of recovered bullets) shooting a 300 grain Accubond out of their 375? I have used Aframes and TSX which work great but was looking for something with a bit more expansion. Trying to find cup and core 300 grain bullets has been a challenge. Partitions would be great but I can’t find any…. I’ve shot Accubonds in 300s but never out of a 375 and I know the jacket thickness sometimes varies in the large calibers. I’ve found a couple boxes of 300 gr Accubonds and will see how they poke holes in the paper but was hoping for some feedback before trying them on game.

Don’t have any experience with accubonds. If you’re looking for rapid expansion, you might give North fork PP a try. In stock at reloading international.

@MTA has some 300gr .375 Partitions for sale, and is a great guy to do business with.

I’ll see if I can dig up some bullet pics. I’ve shot more PG with a 300 gr Accubond than any other bullet. Forty or so animals from Jackal to wildebeest and I have never had anything but perfect performance. The mushroomed bullets look like and add for AB’s. They are an excellent choice, but they do initiate expansion quite quickly so they are not a good choice for small stuff as they tend to tear then up pretty bad. Very accurate and consistent bullet as well. And just an unnecessary side note, they are not a bullet I would use on buffalo.

Good afternoon all,
Does anyone have any firsthand experience (and hopefully pics of recovered bullets) shooting a 300 grain Accubond out of their 375? I have used Aframes and TSX which work great but was looking for something with a bit more expansion. Trying to find cup and core 300 grain bullets has been a challenge. Partitions would be great but I can’t find any…. I’ve shot Accubonds in 300s but never out of a 375 and I know the jacket thickness sometimes varies in the large calibers. I’ve found a couple boxes of 300 gr Accubonds and will see how they poke holes in the paper but was hoping for some feedback before trying them on game.
What are you going to be shooting with them? I've seen the Accubonds used on Whitetail deer a few times, and they do expand quite a bit. In a 375, they'd probably work well for PG, Leopard and Lion.

Good afternoon all,

Not to dissuade you from working up another load for your .375, trust me I get the addiction. But as others have asked, what is your intended quarry for this load? The AB, while I've never used it, seems to enjoy a good reputation. However I would not use it on buffalo. For PG, sure.

On my last trip to Africa, Uganda specifically, I had my .375HH along with my .470NE double. The double was intended for buffalo, the .375 as a backup and for PG. The .375HH loads were 300gr North Fork BC SS since it was a backup for buffalo. The big heavy bullet with a slower expansion rate could easily be argued as overkill for PG, and in fact I wouldn't disagree. The fact is the properly hit PG species dropped dead. This included an East African Impala, warthog and a bushbuck.

The PG not so properly hit did a run a bit. This included a waterbuck that was hit a little low, but he was dead, just didn't know it at first. The other not so perfect shot was on another impala. Eventually I ended that situation with follow up shots, he was dead on the 2nd, but a 3rd thru the heart put him down decisively.

I say this as you mentioned you have a load for the A-Frame and TSX. That being the case, you have all that you need. Adding an AB load to the list really isn't necessary. But again, if you just want to, I definitely get it. There's no harm in having additional choices.

This next trip leopard might be on the menu - that’s the main thing I was thinking of for the Accubonds. I am only taking my 375 this time and will use A-frames for eland, kudu, pigs, buff and whatever else but I wasn’t so sure about an a frame on cats - was hoping to find the right bullet for that.
I used my 404 with Aframes last trip (mainly for buff) and it worked quite well on everything - but it did zip right through a shoulder on an impala and right out the far side - pencil hole in and out, obviously didn’t recover the bullet but doubt it hit enough resistance to open much if at all. Should leopard be on the menu I would rather have something that opens up a little quicker - not too worried about the exit hole is may cause.

Last edited:
This next trip leopard might be on the menu - that’s the main thing I was thinking of for the Accubonds. I am only taking my 375 this time and will use A-frames for eland, kudu, pigs, buff and whatever else but I wasn’t so sure about an a frame on cats - was hoping to find the right bullet for that.
I used my 404 with Aframes last trip (mainly for buff) and it worked quite well on everything - but it did zip right through a shoulder on an impala and right out the far side - pencil hole in and out, obviously didn’t recover the bullet but doubt it hit enough resistance to open much if at all. Should leopard be on the menu I would rather have something that opens up a little quicker - not too worried about the exit hole is may cause.

Good choice for leopard I'd say.

@MTA has some 300gr .375 Partitions for sale, and is a great guy to do business with.

Looks like I have a buyer now after your post. Thanks man I do appreciate it!

Found what I was looking for. Link is for some info from our AH Bullet Performance Database. There are several posts I made years ago about the .375 300 gr Accubond.

300 gr Accubond would be an excellent choice for leopard and lion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KY Hunting Guy

Latest profile posts

SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani
FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….