300wm rifle scope

300wm Christensen arms ridgeline. Handloads, shoots 1/2moa out 700 yards with 180 barnes tsx. shoots just as well with 210 berger vldh out a touch past 1000. The NX8 night force does great for targets. I am looking for alternative for hunting.
And what will you be using it for, and where? Hunting?? 3-15 or 18, 4-14 or 16. I borrowed one in Africa to pick off pesky baboon that were giving hunters' positions away from afar. About 300 yd avg.-it shot very well. Gen 1 carbon wrapped ss bbl. TSX 1/2 MOA at 700 or TTSX?? That almost sounds too good, but that won't be maintained w/ a lower power hunting scope. 1 MOA at that range is fine.

And what will you be using it for, and where? Hunting?? 3-15 or 18, 4-14 or 16. I borrowed one in Africa to pick off pesky baboon that were giving hunters' positions away from afar. About 300 yd avg.-it shot very well. Gen 1 carbon wrapped ss bbl. TSX 1/2 MOA at 700 or TTSX?? That almost sounds too good, but that won't be maintained w/ a lower power hunting scope. 1 MOA at that range is fine.
Those groups are after extensive load development, ladder test, seating depth etc. Also shot from a bench. In the best environmental conditions I could shoot. in. No wind, mirage etc. It was a case of lets see what I can get.
180g ttsx, Is running out of gas fast at 700 yards btw.
I am looking for a african plains game rifle and NA rifle for up close to about 500 yards.
I am pretty certain I will be putting Leupold 4-14 cds on it for general hunting

4-14x is just fine for what you wish to do (also perfect for most all hunting!) The new 3-15s are nice for unexpected, close-up shots.

I use the Schmidt & Bender PMII 3.8-12x50 on a Cooper M52 in 30 Nosler, which is comparable to a 300WM. Its the perfect range of magnification for hunting, I believe, and a very reliable and bright optic.

IMG_2199.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I put a Tangent Theta 3-15x50 Hunter on my main 300wm hunting rifle. It weighs 27oz, has field adjustable locking turrets by just lifting the turret up and they won't accidently move while in a scabbard or strapped to a pack. First focal reticle that is a simple mildot design for hunting.
Not cheap but it is the best!
View attachment 602649
It is nice to see tangent theta represented. Beautiful optic and not well known.

4-14x is just fine for what you wish to do (also perfect for most all hunting!) The new 3-15s are nice for unexpected, close-up shots.
I have a night force nxs 3-15. Nice scope. I am looking for something simpler,
KISS principle

I really like my VX5's but TO MY EYES my Zeiss 4-12 is just a bit sharper or clearer. I've set them up side by side and looked through them until dark and I couldn't get an extra minute of light from one over the other. I like the ballistic reticle on the Zeiss but Leupold has the locking turret if that matters to you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VirgieDunh

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.
dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross
FDP wrote on dogcat1's profile.
Hello, did both follow through with their transactions? If not, I'll take a pair
Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!