Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
DSC Life Member, International Member PHASA
Hunted
Several of the lower 48, Alaska, South Africa, Ireland, Argentina, Peru
Anyone in need of a super affordable way to hammer hogs? Or maybe just have a different caliber to play around with at the range?

Up for grabs is a Suarez International AR15 complete upper (with charging handle, BCG, etc) in 300 Blackout.

To my knowledge this upper has never had a round through it. The guy I got it from claims to have never shot it, and I have never shot it as well. There is no indication on the bolt that it has ever been shot, and there are minimal marks anywhere internally (my guess is it has been dry cycled a few times, but never actually "used")...

If youre unfamiliar with 300 BLK or how AR's work, one of the really nice benefits of the 300 BLK is everything is compatible with a standard 556 AR15 with the exception of the barrel. It uses the same magazines, same bolt and carrier, etc.. If you already own a typical 556/223 AR, all you do is push the two pins that connect the upper and lower, remove the 556 upper, and the attach the 300 BLK upper.. then insert a magazine loaded with 300BLK and youre ready to go..

The upper has a 16" stainless barrel, free floated key mod handguard, suarez international upper receiver, and what appears to be a standard mil-spec BCG and charging handle... These uppers were selling for about $350 from what I can tell back when SI was selling them... the cheapest, entry level option that I can find on Palmetto State Armory's website for a 16" 300BLK upper DOES NOT include a bolt carrier group/bolt/charging handle is on sale right now for memorial day at $229 (plus shipping, plus tax)... the cheapest, entry lvel option I can find on Bear Creeks website that has a 16" stainless barrel (also includes BCA/charging handle, etc) is $204 (plus shipping, plus tax)..

This one, shipped to your door (doesnt have to go to an FFL since the "lower" on an AR is the "gun".. the "Upper" is just a component) = $175...

The first "I'll take it" gets it..

What I particularly like about the 300 BLK is if you run a suppressor, it can get extremely quiet and has almost no recoil at all.. it becomes controllable to the point that a 5 year old could easily use it to take a deer/pig, etc..

Even unsupressed youre talking negligible recoil and "bang" for a 30 caliber.. shooting 110gr bullets youre looking at roughly 30-30 ballistics down range (300 blk is slightly slower.. but still more than capable of taking down deer, pigs, etc)...

If youre a reloader, its a very efficient round.. it takes minimal powder.. most of which burns within the first 8" of the barrel..

Im just in the process of trying to consolidate calibers (Ive got way too many different things to load across and swap out some stuff that I dont really use and use the money to pick up some things I might actually use.. Ive got 2x other 300 BLKs (complete rifles) in the safe.. so this one is highly unlikely to ever get used anytime in the near future..

Thanks!

IMG_0637.jpg

IMG_0638.jpg

IMG_0636.jpg

Last edited:
Dropping you a message right now.

Im assuming this is the fastest sale in the history of AH lol...

SPF...

Thanks, Dave! Looking forward to trying it out!

What's the twist rate in that barrel?

The 300 Blackout with a 1/5 twist and 240gr Sierra BTHP Match bullets is very effective. Trajectory like a slingshot, but what wallop when it hits. ;)

What's the twist rate in that barrel?

The 300 Blackout with a 1/5 twist and 240gr Sierra BTHP Match bullets is very effective. Trajectory like a slingshot, but what wallop when it hits. ;)

I honestly dont know... I'd look down the barrel to try and gauge/eyeball it (1:5 should be pretty easy to tell)... but @cash_tx has already swung by and picked it up from me lol (fastest transaction in the history of AH!)...

My guess is its a 1:7.. which should stabilize typical 180-200gr subs pretty well..

Ive never seen a 1:5 or 240gr bullets in a 300 BLK.. but I bet that is a sight to behold..

I watched some testing of 180gr subs being shot through a 10" gun several years ago.. I was seriously impressed.. I went in thinking "yeah.. its got great BC and SD... but its going to be too slow to be effective against pretty much everything..."...

I was wrong.. I was pretty amazed at how much of a punch it provided..

I honestly dont know... I'd look down the barrel to try and gauge/eyeball it (1:5 should be pretty easy to tell)... but @cash_tx has already swung by and picked it up from me lol (fastest transaction in the history of AH!)...

My guess is its a 1:7.. which should stabilize typical 180-200gr subs pretty well..

Ive never seen a 1:5 or 240gr bullets in a 300 BLK.. but I bet that is a sight to behold..

I watched some testing of 180gr subs being shot through a 10" gun several years ago.. I was seriously impressed.. I went in thinking "yeah.. its got great BC and SD... but its going to be too slow to be effective against pretty much everything..."...

I was wrong.. I was pretty amazed at how much of a punch it provided..
Once ya hear the "THWAAAK", ya never go back! :LOL:

Thanks, Dave; and the upper is every bit as good or better than described. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the barrel is marked Wilson Combat with a 1:8 twist.

Although I already own an AR in 7.62x39, this is my first foray into the world of 300 BLK; and should be a fun experience! :)

DAMN! I knew I should have asked for more money lol..

I had no clue it has a WC barrel in it.. (thats what I get for not paying attention!) lol..

Im anxious for you to put some rounds downrange with it now.. Im betting its a tack driver!

LOL; yeah, now I feel a little bit guilty and will have to find a way to make it up to you. :) I'll certainly give you a range report once I have one.

If anyone needs some 240 grain SMK to go with that blackout I have a 500 round box of them for sale on here. Shoot me a message. I'll hook you up.

I've absolutely crushed some whitetail does shooting 110gr Barnes Tac-TX at about 2230ft/s with my 300BLK, and my daughter shot her first deer with it as well when she was 11. It's a great round, enjoy!

110gr tac-tx has been my go to round for both deer and pigs as well as home defense…

Shoots very accurately and reliably in my other 300 blks.. I’m betting it will perform well in this one too…

You will enjoy it. I have a load for 110 VMax that I use H110.Also use some 147's and working on some 200 Hornady. The 110 I can keep in 1/2 inch from 100 yards with just a forearm rest. Enjoy.

DAMN! I knew I should have asked for more money lol..

I had no clue it has a WC barrel in it.. (thats what I get for not paying attention!) lol..

Im anxious for you to put some rounds downrange with it now.. Im betting its a tack driver!
I built my Dad an AR .300blk with a Wilson combat barrel and he reports excellent accuracy.

Thanks, Dave; and the upper is every bit as good or better than described. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the barrel is marked Wilson Combat with a 1:8 twist.

Although I already own an AR in 7.62x39, this is my first foray into the world of 300 BLK; and should be a fun experience! :)
I bought a rifle from Dave not long ago and completely agree everything was even better than described and he gave me a fantastic deal. Congratulations on your purchase I know I'm very happy with mine and you couldn't ask for a better guy to deal with than Dave.

I bought a rifle from Dave not long ago and completely agree everything was even better than described and he gave me a fantastic deal. Congratulations on your purchase I know I'm very happy with mine and you couldn't ask for a better guy to deal with than Dave.
It is not humanly possible for me to agree with you more; he is truly world-class. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyrtisChun

Latest profile posts

We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!

I live in Tyler Texas. I like Ruger single action revolvers Ruger rifles, and Marlin and Winchester lever guns.
SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,