2024 SHOT Show

jpr9954

AH legend
Reaction score
Articles
Member of
NRA, SAF, SCI, DSC
I leave Sunday for the 2024 SHOT Show in Las Vegas. I will also be attending Industry Day at the Range.

If there is anything that people would like me to check out, try, or get information on, please leave a note here and I'll do my best.

This is my 9th SHOT Show with the last 8 being as media thanks to my blog. I plan to attend both the Governor's Forum and the Attorney General's Forum on Wednesday. If the schedule has one on hunting, I'll attend that as well.

Here is a searchable list of the exhibitors.

Any and all information relating to optics, namely rifle scopes would be truly appreciated if you have the time. * As a secondary note which is most likely a 'dream'; anything new for side by side shotguns. Thanks very much .

Any and all information relating to optics, namely rifle scopes would be truly appreciated if you have the time. * As a secondary note which is most likely a 'dream'; anything new for side by side shotguns. Thanks very much .
Would that include the Turkish made side-by-sides?

If Leica has their new thermal, check it out and how easy it would attach to a scope, namely the Leica ER scopes. Thank you.

Would that include the Turkish made side-by-sides?
No, definitely not. I was going to purchase the:

when I noticed the paint or finish was coming off the barrel when being wiped (In Store) and in the presence of the gunshop manager. He certainly agreed with me and I will never consider any CZ ever again.

Attachments

• CZ Bobwhite G2 Project Upland - CZ-USA.pdf
    5.2 MB · Views: 41
Last edited by a moderator:
I was supposed to work the show this year, but a last minute change was made to my schedule. Hopefully next year

I was supposed to work the show this year, but a last minute change was made to my schedule. Hopefully next year
To be quite honest, I do not believe that you're going to miss anything. As to what I've read up to the present time, there is not much of anything 'new'. However, if one likes thermal products or anything in that realm of products, then the show would suit them. We're not interested in the newer armaments unless they are in line with conforming standards (Old School).

To be quite honest, I do not believe that you're going to miss anything. As to what I've read up to the present time, there is not much of anything 'new'. However, if one likes thermal products or anything in that realm of products, then the show would suit them. We're not interested in the newer armaments unless they are in line with conforming standards (Old School).
I would likely miss the show anyways as I would be working the booth. One for the supplier showcase and one for the show.

I would likely miss the show anyways as I would be working the booth. One for the supplier showcase and one for the show.
Will you be attending?

I won’t be now, but my company will still be there
I don't mean to bother you but could your staff be capable of possibly looking for side by side shotguns? Surely, they're all but disappeared, yet I'm always looking: 'no bespoke guns'. I'm constantly researching this subject but the sources have disappeared or become non-existent. The trend in this generation is to sell at the highest price. I've been in communication with Randy Wakeman in the past as he has schooled me somewhat, along with Chuck Hawkes.

Actually, Winchester did have some last year in safari calibers. I'm not holding my breath over Ruger doing the same unless it is a Talo or Lipsey's special run.
Ruger did not even bring there Hawkeye African or Guide gun models to DSC. I'm not holding my breath for them either. Far cry from the days of the Ruger RSM.

No, definitely not. I was going to purchase the:

when I noticed the paint or finish was coming off the barrel when being wiped (In Store) and in the presence of the gunshop manager. He certainly agreed with me and I will never consider any CZ ever again.
For the money they are great shotguns and what you are saying is truly one off or wrong and yes I own several and never had a problem.

Hoping for some Ruger No.1 offered in a new selection of calibers this year. They haven't been updated in a while.

Sako 90 bringing new.magnum length actions to the product range as has been hunted at.

Any new rifles being offered in safari calibers.

New double rifles?

Other than the Turkish built SxS shotguns, I did see a full line of side-by-sides (no 16 ga) from Stoeger which were made in Brazil. I had a nice conversation with a gunsmith who worked for Benelli about them and he thought they were well built. It is called their Uplander line.

The other non-Turkish SxS shotguns were from FAIR which is Rizzini. They had a full line of 12-16-20-28-.410 shotguns. The low end started at about $1600 and went up from there depending on wood and ornamentation (gold inlays, etc).

Lots of new optics. GPO had the Centuri 4X SC, 3-12x44, compact scope with an illuminated German 4 reticle. Their Passion 3x 4-12x50 also have an illuminated German 4 reticle.

I did like the Leupold VX-3HD 3.5-10x50 CDS-ZL with the illuminated Firedot reticle (almost a German 4).

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BraydenMol

Latest profile posts

Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani
FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek