2 rifles for hunting SA

David K

AH member
Reaction score
Planning a hunt and taking 2 rifles. 300 Jarrett for my wife and a 375HH for myself. Do we need anything else?

Planning a hunt and taking 2 rifles. 300 Jarrett for my wife and a 375HH for myself. Do we need anything else?

Nope, you're set. But I would make sure I was shooting at least a Partition or preferably which one of these shoots the most accurately A-Frame / TSX (or TTSX) or North Fork softs in 200gr. These latter three will hold their weight. A 180gr at Jarrett speeds in something like a Nosler Ballistic Tip would be a concern to me, don't want the bullet to blow up on impact.

After that, just practice and a booking!

Have fun.

You should have all game covered.

What are you going after?

Plenty of gun!

Welcome to AH David! Sounds like you have'm covered nothing in South Africa you guys can't handle. If you haven't got the hunt booked yet be sure to check out the outfitters here on AH you may want to give the new guy Hennie a look they Have some outstanding prices I mean like Mountain reedbuck for 300 dollars, check them all out.

Just in the planning stages right now. Plains game and some dangerous game thrown would
be nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beandog

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani
FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….