2 Elephant Hunts Still Available

STUPID question, but what cartridge(s) do you recommend for hunting elephant in a BOLT ACTION rifle. The only big bore I have with a scope on it is a CZ .416 Rigby. Thanks!
In a word perfect Caliber.

I hope this is still available for 2026. A dream come true and affordable for us average Joe's.

Oh, I have CZs in .458WM, Lott and .375 and a Whitworth in .416 Taylor, but I bought an AHR #2 CZ .416 Rigby with a 1x6x24 Schmidt and Bender scope on it from a member here back in 2021. I haven't scoped the others because my brain is wired as such not to buy a scope costing more than the rifle. I know I'm a freak that way but that's just the way I roll. LOL The Rigby shoots great at 100yds. so maybe it would kill an elephant at 75yds.? LOL. I'm just kidding, Thanks for your GENEROUS offer though!
The Rigby is the best option.....

Man that seems like an awesome deal. I wish it was for 2025.

Oh, I have CZs in .458WM, Lott and .375 and a Whitworth in .416 Taylor, but I bought an AHR #2 CZ .416 Rigby with a 1x6x24 Schmidt and Bender scope on it from a member here back in 2021. I haven't scoped the others because my brain is wired as such not to buy a scope costing more than the rifle. I know I'm a freak that way but that's just the way I roll. LOL The Rigby shoots great at 100yds. so maybe it would kill an elephant at 75yds.? LOL. I'm just kidding, Thanks for your GENEROUS offer though!
75 yards is a long shot on an elephant! Think more like 25 ;) i shot mine at 19 and several people on here have shot at less than that.

And a 416 Rigby solid is going to penetrate really well. That is a first rate caliber for elephant:)

What size elephant should be expected and are they exported to the USA?
For the most part Binga elephant are small in stature and ivory,20lb would be bigger than normal.

Right now we have a hunt going on and they are after a very big bull, they have not seen the teeth.

Lon

75 yards is a long shot on an elephant! Think more like 25 ;) i shot mine at 19 and several people on here have shot at less than that.

And a 416 Rigby solid is going to penetrate really well. That is a first rate caliber for elephant:)
Most if not all of our elephant have been taken at less than 25 yds and on the charge.

Are these forest elephant?
If you are talking about Dwarf Forest Elephant. Those would be in West/Central Africa.

Sounds like an excellent deal and hunt, with a great outfit!

If you are talking about Dwarf Forest Elephant. Those would be in West/Central Africa.
Dumb question. I could have just done 30 seconds of googling :)…. For some reason I had it in my head there were 3-types in Africa: Dwarf Forest, Forest, & Savanna Ele. Not correct. Oh well it was a bump for a good thread!
This hunt would be a blast!

Dumb question. I could have just done 30 seconds of googling :)…. For some reason I had it in my head there were 3-types in Africa: Dwarf Forest, Forest, & Savanna Ele. Not correct. Oh well it was a bump for a good thread!
This hunt would be a blast!
Hmmm, I'm not sure about that middle one... Hopefully someone who knows chimes in.

From my just now Google search i found this which as I read it basically says there are two species and they have not successfully cross bred as hybrid males are not capable of reproducing. Sounds kind of like mules;)

As for the smaller animals mentioned by Lon, I have to think one of two things; smaller size due to habitat and genetics in that region, but still Savanna elephants. Similar to Kudu in the East Cape vs. further North.

Or there are just not big mature animals present. However Lon mentioned they were tracking a particularly large specimen. So perhaps it is the latter and just not as many truly big mature males in the area.

Another question for Lon would be regarding age based on teeth of animals taken in the past. Are animals being taken on their 5th or 6th set of molars or are they younger than that?

No matter what the situation is, this is one heck of a good deal for an elephant hunt! I'm sure the tracking and experience is just as big as anywhere;)

Last edited:
If I will save in some years I could afford too, I hope in the future there will be such great offers again

The boss lady wants to know

1. What time frame does the hunt have to take place for this price to apply?

2. What are the accommodations? The Mucheni Tent camp, or the Suntwe lodge?

Most if not all of our elephant have been taken at less than 25 yds and on the charge.
Are "most" elephants in Africa taken on a charge? I assumed this happened in a minority of hunts, but I have 0 elephant hunting experience.

I've had oscillations between wanting to do it and being scared to death of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeborahCow

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!

I live in Tyler Texas. I like Ruger single action revolvers Ruger rifles, and Marlin and Winchester lever guns.
SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,