Wisconsin guy needs some advice from the folks in Texas

Reaction score
My wife and I are traveling with our son to San Antonio at Christmas time this year. We will be hauling our Jeep on a trailer and staying in the City. The place we are staying has limited parking so I am hoping someone around that area has a place where we could park the truck and trailer. We are concerned about security and I’d prefer not to drive that combo through city streets if possible.

It would be great to park on a private property, and I understand if there would be a fee to do so. If no one has room or is too far away, suggestions for a commercial rental space would be appreciated.

Also, we would really like to make some Jeeping friends in Texas. We have a plan to go to AZ in March of next year as well.

Thanks, John.

And where are you planning on staying?

What exactly will you be parking? Describe the truck and trailer, the length, etc.
And how long would you need to park it?

Do like this guy did:

A wealthy man walks into a bank New York City and asks for the loan officer. He says he's going to Europe on business for two weeks and needs to borrow $5000. The bank officer says the bank will need some kind of security for the loan, so the man hands over the keys to a new Rolls Royce, which costs quarter of a million dollars.

“The car is parked on the street in front of the bank,” says the man, “and I have all the necessary papers.”

The bank officer agrees to accept the car as collateral for the loan. After the man leaves, the loan officer, the bank's president and all their colleagues enjoy a good laugh at the man for using a $250,000 Rolls Royce as collateral against a $5,000 loan.

One of the employees drives the Rolls into the bank's underground garage and parks it there. Two weeks later, the wealthy man man returns, repays the $5000 and the interest, which comes to $15.41.

The loan officer says, "Sir, I must tell you, we’re all a little puzzled. While you were away, we checked you out and discovered that you’re a multimillionaire. Why would you bother to borrow $5,000?"

The man replies, "Where else in New York City can I park my car for two weeks for only $15.41?"

What exactly will you be parking? Describe the truck and trailer, the length, etc.
And how long would you need to park it?
I have a full size Ram 1 ton crew cab. Trailer is a pintle hitch deck over, I think it’s 26’ long.
0B5A7933-14BF-4F66-8403-870D83FDD83B.jpeg

I am very familiar with that area. Are you wanting to park the truck and trailer or the trailer and the jeep and how many days.

I am very familiar with that area. Are you wanting to park the truck and trailer or the trailer and the jeep and how many days.
We want to park the truck and trailer. We will drive the Jeep daily. Our reservations are from 12/25 through 12/30. So that is six days, this early in planning, it might be a day earlier and a day later of actual park time. John.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrittanyPa

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]