Where to find a .375HH nowadays?

crackerman

Reaction score
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA (CA, NH, MA, ME)
I am trying to find a .375HH to take on my first safari in 10 months and 29 days (not that I am counting) and the supply of current makers is coming up empty. I have tabled by Tikka conversion to 9.3 for now but there does not seem to be any new production of rifles in stock anywhere. Even gunbroker seems to be light.

Where does one find a .375 nowadays?

CZ seems to be the go to.
Ruger has the 375 Ruger which is supposed to be good.

They are not particularly hard to find. This was two minutes of looking on GI. I have a rather extensive battery, many date from before WWII. So new production was never particularly important.

Attachments

• Browning Model: Safari Grade Cal: 375 H&H mag for sale.pdf
    214 KB · Views: 19
  • REMINGTON MODEL 700 BDL SAFARI 375 H&H for sale.pdf
    277.3 KB · Views: 10
  • SAKO 85 L BROWN BEAR .375 H&H MAG for sale.pdf
    213.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Sako 85L Stainless gray synthetic stock 375 Holland & Holland 1%22 Optilock bases & rings for ...pdf
    264.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Winchester ~ Model 70 Super Express ~ .375 H&H Magnum.pdf
    256.3 KB · Views: 12
  • WINCHESTER POST 64 MODEL 70 375 H&H NEW IN BOX for sale.pdf
    322.8 KB · Views: 11
I am trying to find a .375HH to take on my first safari in 10 months and 29 days (not that I am counting) and the supply of current makers is coming up empty. I have tabled by Tikka conversion to 9.3 for now but there does not seem to be any new production of rifles in stock anywhere. Even gunbroker seems to be light.

I'm going to guess you already checked:
the Classifieds section here on the forum. And you have/ are looking on Gun Broker.

Have you checked:
Gun International?
Bass Pro/ Cabela's used vault?
Local Gun Shows?
Local Pawn Shops?
Online search for firearms auction sites? (Buyer Beware, when bidding and whom the seller is, and/ or represents.)

P.S. Just did a quick Google search check out WHOLESALE HUNTER they list several brands of 375H&H for sale.

Last edited:
Scrap the idea of a new one if that is what you where thinking, plenty of used CRF guns for sale that have history, someone hope's and dreams of Africa, maybe even already been there, find one and use the gun for it's intended purpose.

I do appreciate all the replies, I am hoping to find a new one locally and will hit up gunbroker if needed. I do seem to be an anomlly but have not had the greatest luck there.

It is also a bit more of a general observation, seems like last few years many companies made them but CZ stopped, Bergara stopped, Browning stopped, and even winchesters are hen's teeth.

They’re all over the internet, classifieds on here, and can be found in a variety of different LGS’ if you look around. Not sure where you’re located but here in TX I could point you to 15-20 different gun stores that will have at least 1 in stock at any given time. New production might throw a wrench into things but they’re out there

You can sometimes find a Whitworth/Zastva at a decent price

I know you are searching for a .375 H&H but I think if you would consider a .375 Ruger you may have an easier time finding a rifle. It seems in larger calibers you just need to keep checking gun brokering and you will eventually find one.
A new gun always sounds like fun!

New?
Ruger 375.
Bergara B14.
Strasser RS14
Blaser R8.
Zastava m70
Winchester m70.
New DWM Mauser 98.
Sako 90.

Phased out, on 2nd hand market:
Sako 85
CZ 550
ZKK 602.

No budget defined, so there is something for every pocket and for every taste.

where are you located, i have a new in the box CZ 550 in .375 H&H i may sale, but i will not ship( bad experience with damage in shipping). i live in central pa.

Here:

I have a really great CZ 550 375 HH that has had AHR #2 modifications by Wayne himself before no longer doing CZ mods.
Never hunted and is for sale.
PM me if interested.

I do appreciate all the replies, I am hoping to find a new one locally and will hit up gunbroker if needed. I do seem to be an anomlly but have not had the greatest luck there.

It is also a bit more of a general observation, seems like last few years many companies made them but CZ stopped, Bergara stopped, Browning stopped, and even winchesters are hen's teeth.
Why do you only want a new gun? Really slimming your pool of options - And to no advantage in my opinion.

Entry level- Winchester Model 70 Safari Express, Browning X Bolt

Higher End- Mauser Model 98 Magnum

And then, there’s always the second hand market.

Last edited:
In my opinion, there aren't many new 375 H&H rifles on the market exactly because there are so many good used ones at decent prices.

Rifles much above the 300 magnum class have never been produced in large quantities. Manufacturers are hard pressed to make money on the limited numbers they might sell, and given the small demand for the larger calibers .375 and above, they don't think the investment will end up paying off.

On the upside, you can get plenty of almost new in the box large bore rifles for decent prices on the used market. As others have noted, lots of hunters buy a big bore with dreams of going to Africa. Unfortunately the gun sits in a gun safe for years, unfired, until the dream dies, and the gun is sold. This can be a great opportunity for you.

You still have plenty of time to find a nice rifle, so shop carefully and good luck on your hunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GailZook1

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!

I live in Tyler Texas. I like Ruger single action revolvers Ruger rifles, and Marlin and Winchester lever guns.
SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,