Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI
Hunted
South Africa
I've booked a hunt in 2025 with Marius of HUNTROMANIA for Red Stag and Chamois and rather than bring a rifle I already have, this provides the perfect excuse to buy a new one. Marius has R8's as rental rifles, and this is unbelievably tempting, but having your own rifle that you are comfortable with seems the better idea.

I know, not a rare rifle at all, but being discontinued, most of what I've found on the auction sites look rough, and overpriced.

The new CZ's that I handled at the local SCI banquet turned me off to buying the model 600.

If anyone is willing to part with one with a good bore for a fair price, feel free to send a PM.

Last edited:
Hi Skydiver, there are 2 CZ 550 in .30-06 as of now. One is a Minnesota round top, the other a CZ USA. I have one and love it!

Lots of options available for classic CRF 30-06. I love this dolled up WWII Springfield.
20230817_090946.jpg

It's been my go to gun for sixty years. Smooth as silk. Just picked up a Manlicher(sp) style stock to build another one. I also have the 30-06 barrel I stripped from the 98 Mauser action I used to build my 404 Jeffery last year. I can go that route too. But how many 30-06 rifles do I need? :D

I have 1917 and a Santa Barbara Mauser that will eventually be built into nice rifles, but I've got other calibers in mind for those builds.

I'm known around these parts as a big CZ guy, having owned about 20 pistols and rifles with the CZ stamp over the years. I've had my heart set on a 550 in 30-06, and after handling the newer models I figured now rather than later is the time to buy.

I have 1917 and a Santa Barbara Mauser that will eventually be built into nice rifles, but I've got other calibers in mind for those builds.

I'm known around these parts as a big CZ guy, having owned about 20 pistols and rifles with the CZ stamp over the years. I've had my heart set on a 550 in 30-06, and after handling the newer models I figured now rather than later is the time to buy.
Sounds like you need treatment. Is there a CZ Anonymous group in your area? :D

That was supposed to be 2 available on Gun Broker

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitzi0685

Latest profile posts

We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!

I live in Tyler Texas. I like Ruger single action revolvers Ruger rifles, and Marlin and Winchester lever guns.
SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,