Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Asia/M.East
Member of
Life Member of SCI, DSC, GSCO, HSC, NRA and FNAWS
Hunted
Botswana, Cameroon, CAR, Chad, Ethiopia, Mozambique, Namibia, RSA, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe. US, Canada, Arctic, Mexico, Argentina, Austria, France, Spain, Portugal, U.K., Romania, Tadjikistan, Turkey, Nepal, China, Australia and New Zealand
It was hard for my 17 year old son Grant and I to believe that a year has passed since our 5 week Family Safari while we sat in the Air France lounge at Houston Intercontinental yesterday. The first leg of the Safari is for him, his third trip to the Dark Continent. He will be hunting species not previoiusly taken such as Kudu, Gemsbok, Nyala, Limpopo Bushbuck etcetera with my good friend Shawn Bird of Balla Balla Safaris. We will be hunting at their family farm near Louis Trichardt. The trip has kicked off well, we picked up Business Class upgrades for $390 so had a comfortable flight over the pond. We booked a day room at the Sheraton inside Charles de Gaulle Airport and it is a nice respite from the hectic pace of the airport. We take off for Joberg late tonight, spend the morning at OR Tambo then the last flight to Polokwane Wednesday afternoon.
IMG_1007.JPG

Best of luck and enjoy!!!

That's the best upgrade price I have ever heard of!!! Very nice you got that deal!

Thanks @reedy0312, I've just learned to ask over the years. Sometimes I pick up one leg sometimes two. But often when I inquire its $1000+ for a single leg upgrade so I count it as a Blessing when I get a bargain. $500 is about my limit.

Wow.... upfront for only $390..... It is usually either already booked or exective members bumped, that it requires an arm & leg to get in there. Congratulations! I am a little familiar with Balla Balla.... heard great things. Look forward to hearing all about.

Many years ago I rented a day room in Amsterdam (underneath the airport itself) on my way to Zagreb. A few hours of quiet sleep sure does help when you have the time and it's available. Good luck on the hunt!

Reactions: BWH
Best of luck guys!

@sierraone I too did the same the same thing back in '86 on my first trip to Zimbbwe and have done it ever since.

@BWH this is my third trip with Balla Balla, once by myself to Dendro Park in Zambia then back there last year with my Family. I'm looking forward to hunting the South African proeprty with my son.

@JES Adventures I have heard nothing but very positive things of them & their conservancy... or whatever it's called. I would really like to get up to Limpopo someday, as well as Moz, Caprivi, Vic Falls, Kruger...... List goes on & on & on...... Am I right?!?!?! :whistle:

You are so right @BWH, keep adding to the list and enjoy African Hunting while you can.

Enjoy the time with your son sir!

Thanks @cagkt3 and @CAustin, the times I have with my kids are some of the best. More to follow once we "hit the ground and start running".

Safe travels and have a fantastic time.

Nice upgrade in seats!!! Congrats!

Best of luck to you and your son. Looking forward to the report!

Enjoy....I plan to take my son when he is ready to hunt there! I bet it will be a fantastic trip

So you took that poor, impressional youth to Africa to kill. You . . . you're a great dad. I'm taking my kid next year (he'll be 13). Hope you have a wonderful time. All the best !

Hope you have a great trip JE. Looking forward to reading your report.

Looking forward to this report as I really enjoyed your write-up of your last adventure.

Great tip on the upgrade. What airline were you flying?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaveI79146

Latest profile posts

We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!

I live in Tyler Texas. I like Ruger single action revolvers Ruger rifles, and Marlin and Winchester lever guns.
SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,