Helle Of Norway Didi Galgalu Knife With Sheath

Chris M.

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Canada, US, South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, New Zealand, Greenland, Argentina
I suppose I have enough knives and making three more using blanks, so wanted to sell this one that has an African continent imprint on the sheath. Few minor scuffs on the sheath and marks on the knife edge; otherwise handle and knife in excellent condition and with mirror finish.

$130 USD plus shipping at cost.

Information from the manufacturer:

The original Didi Galgalu was designed in collaboration between Helle and South African Overlander "Voetspore team". Released in 2015, it was one of the first Helle knives with a full tang construction. In the past few years it has become a very popular model in bushcrafting circles, due to its combination of utility and beauty.

The knife itself is fairly big, suitable for medium to large hands. The shape of the handle offers a sturdy and safe grip even if held close to the blade, thanks to the double contoured handle. The handle is held in place by two sturdy brass rivets and a pipe rivet, where you can tie a cord or lanyard of leather.

The 3 mm blade is thin enough to perform well as a knife should when cutting or carving, yet strong enough for heavier tasks. The scandi grind means that it excels at most tasks you need a knife for when outside.

SpecificationsDidi Galgalu 12C27 steel
Weight incl. sheath254 g / 8.96 oz
Blade materialSandvik 12C27
Blade thickness3,0 mm / 0.118 inch
Blade length132 mm / 5.17 inches

20240502_084654.jpg
20240502_084716 (3).jpg
20240502_084731.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oops...meant $130 CDN so asking $100 USD. Knife typically sells for $236 USD new

Please note SOLD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swizbills

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]