Georgia DSC Banquet Last Night

I think you need to stock up on chalk!

So we can mark the outline of your body as it lies below the pic…..have you thought about what you want written on your headstone:oops:

Sounds like a fun night!

The pain of her wrath will be short lived, but you and "your" painting will be happy together for a long time! Lol!

@Rare Breed do we get “proof of life” or should we dispatch local PD for a welfare check??:ROFLMAO:

You’ve got nothing to worry about. I painting is wonderful.

I thought I would share some fun I had at our local GA chapter of the Dallas Safari. Club yearly banquet (DSC) last night

First for the ladies on our forum here…I am a very well trained husband given my wife does not hunt and while she tolerates my office full of Africa animals she does not like it. With this background enter her brilliant husband, me, lol!!! I wanted to bid on a gorgeous original oil painting of Africa…this painting would cover almost an entire room in our bedroom. Well I won it…oh what to do to get it in the house and on our wall? Now here comes the good part…there was a beautiful Louis Vittan Ladies Handbag that retails for $3350 up for bid…men now pay attention and learn from the master, lol!!! I outbid two ladies to win the bag for $1400!!! (My mother always told me she got rid of the stupid ones in our family). The two ladies suddenly were sitting one on each side of me trying to buy it from me but not a chance (I want to emerge out of this alive). In addition for only a $25 raffle ticket I won a Rhino Dart hunt…just for me personally and with great respect for those who do these I would not buy one but for $25 nice deal and will be going in 2024 with the President of our DSC.

Now if I sound cocky right now it is called false courage… I neglected to tell you my lovely Mrs. Rare Breed was out of town visiting our grand daughter. She has no idea what I have done and will not until Monday. I have already hung the painting and yes it takes up an entire wall. Trust me when she enters the bedroom I will have the purse in my hand. This afternoon at the appropriate hour of 5 PM I will sit in our bedroom admiring my new painting with a nice glass of wine for I may be dead come Monday!!!
I LIVED!!! She hates the painting but the purse was such a huge hit she says she will tolerate it…at least for a while!!! I’m back on our forum still alive!!!

I LIVED!!! She hates the painting but the purse was such a huge hit she says she will tolerate it…at least for a while!!! I’m back on our forum still alive!!!
You’re the man. Good work!

Well done good sir. Hopefully the painting will grow on your wife.

I was about to head down from Cartersville to give you a ride to the Super8!

Congratulations, was it at Adventure Outdoors like it used to be?

Let me know what your thoughts are on the Rhino Dart Hunt. I’ve always been curious about doing one.

Uhh you didn’t mention the rhino dart hunt yet?? Maybe you’re not out of the woods yet.

I have never known that there was a GA chapter of the DSC and I have been on this forum for 16 years.

Please send me a link!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swizbills

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]