Delta from Atlanta to Joberg

Delta to Joberg? You have my sympathy. What you pay for isn't always what you get.

Emirates is by far the best airline for that route. Premium economy originates from JFK, LAX, and San Francisco. Your travel agent will need to get pre approval for your firearms. Most travel agents will try to steer you to another company. Because it’s a little more work for them. but if you book early enough, it’s no big deal. Archery equipment can go in normal checked bags. No paper work

Emirates is by far the best airline for that route. Premium economy originates from JFK, LAX, and San Francisco. Your travel agent will need to get pre approval for your firearms. Most travel agents will try to steer you to another company. Because it’s a little more work for them. but if you book early enough, it’s no big deal. Archery equipment can go in normal checked bags. No paper work

It looks like a very traveler friendly airline with great amenities but it also adds a day to our travel on each side and costs more.

Care to elaborate
Seat bought months in advance is switched at the gate. BTDT. I went from the bulkhead premium economy to a back row window seat. Sixteen hours like that was fun. The fine print is the airline owes you a seat IF the weathers ok, the planes ok, and a myriad of other variables. I wouldn't fly Delta if it were free. YMMV.
I've flown Delta, Air France, South African Airways, United, and Qatar from the U.S. to Joberg. Qatar was the best. When United started flying out of EWR, I switched and never looked back.

Last edited:
As the days roll by I am getting pretty close to when I need to purchase my airline tickets for next year. We are flying direct to Joberg from Atlanta. Question is what class ticket do I need to get to be comfortable. I am 6'6" tall and for 16 hours need some leg room. Anyone have any first hand experience in the different ticket classes. I can't do the first class, out of my price range. But if we can avoid spending more than necessary and be comfortable without paying for comfort+ seats I will happily do it.
No brainer. Delta direct has changed aircraft and so seat configuration starting June this year. Pull up the flight seat arrangement. Find the two seats one on each side of the aircraft that are exit row but the window seat does not have a seat in front of it…no it is not by the urinal either. Three straight years I have requested and gotten one of these. I don’t care if you are 7 feet tall you can stretch your legs completely out. They are in main cabin. Total cost each year for me including last month $1800 round trip

Last trip we took I booked Premium Economy over and Comfort + on return to see which was better. My opinion the Comfort+ better bang for the buck but if you sit front row of comfort + you should be fine. I didn't care for the leg rest in premium ratio from leg support to recline to me was off not comfortable. Mind you when we did it Premium was on $1934 vs $3500+ now.

I just pulled up a delta seat map for September and could not find any economy seats with no seat in front. What am I missing

No brainer. Delta direct has changed aircraft and so seat configuration starting June this year. Pull up the flight seat arrangement. Find the two seats one on each side of the aircraft that are exit row but the window seat does not have a seat in front of it…no it is not by the urinal either. Three straight years I have requested and gotten one of these. I don’t care if you are 7 feet tall you can stretch your legs completely out. They are in main cabin. Total cost each year for me including last month $1800 round trip
I have been looking and the seat mapping does not show these seats you describe. This is on the direct flight on the airbus. I will keep checking because this seems to be the best option for the cost.

I just pulled up a delta seat map for September and could not find any economy seats with no seat in front. What am I missing
Row 41

Hogpatrol
That seat map is obsolete
There is a new seat map on Delta for flight 200 and 201

The new seat arrangement

IMG_4304.jpeg
IMG_4305.jpeg

Next month I will be on my 4th Atlanta to Joburg trip and agree with Firebird above. Does not hurt to ask for upgrade to FC if they have it.
I go with exit row seats. Can't recline much but you don't have to climb over people to get out of your seat. Have fun!
A long time ago. A VP of one of the major airlines once told me. On upgrades your chances are much better if you are in suit & tie. Of course that would leave me out.
Does it apply today?

Lon

Premium select
Bulkhead seat
highly recomended category im actually flying this class once again for my august trip2024
i always get the isle seats to and from .
this will be my third trip and delta is excellent choice good service food and snacks

I have never had a bulkhead seat. I am planning on using my carryon as a footrest on row 30. Is that allowed, have researched and seen different reports

I have never had a bulkhead seat. I am planning on using my carryon as a footrest on row 30. Is that allowed, have researched and seen different reports
HAVE TO PUT IT IN OVERHEAD BIN DURING TAKE-OFF AND LANDING BUT OTHERWISE SHOULD BE O.K.

Start looking for Delta flights as soon as opens for your dates I found out. I was watching for about 4 weeks back in August of 2023. One morning at about 6am a drop happened and I text Jennifer at like 6am in morning. She responded and got me Premium Select isle seating for under $3200. (Was less than what I was seeing on App)Then about two weeks later I caught an upgrade to first class on the app at 4am for only $100 on the Houston Atlanta leg.

There are some deals early on if you can catch them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyzhPRBep

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I live in Tyler Texas. I like Ruger single action revolvers Ruger rifles, and Marlin and Winchester lever guns.
SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}