Dan wesson 1911 engraved bbq gun

I love the concept of the BBQ gun :cool:.

Regrettably, due to restrictive laws, it won't take off here :(.

Are 'rental BBQ guns' a thing? - For next time I'm in Texas :sneaky:.

The pistols that Kimber has issues with are their low cost alloy frame guns. The all steel guns are solid guns but you are not going to get one for $699 unless you happen to stumble across a deal. The all steel guns are not what they were 25 yrs ago or even 10 years ago but they are still as good or better than the top brands at similar price. If you get to the $1000-$1200 range you get a bunch of pistol in some of the S&W offerings and all that ive owned are solid reliable and accurate pistols (S&W). Kimber jammed themselves up by putting out the alloy framed guns at cheap cost and it cost them. You get what you pay for so of course you are not going to get an all steel gun with all the standard upgrades for $800 unless you buy a secondary brand. To ME...the peak of 1911's was in the early to mid 2000's when Sig was producing solid guns for $700-$900, Kimber was doing the same as well as S&W. Things have gone way up in cost so those guns at that quality level are not that price any more...they are 20-25% more money now unless you pay attention for a deal to come down the line. If you are talking pistols that are $1200 and under...Kimber still builds some solid guns as do the other mentioned above. They damaged their brand buy trying to put out those lower priced guns during COVID etc and they just didnt stack up. Kimber does not build BBQ guns though and BBQ guns are customs built normally by custom smiths or custom shops.

Also, if you dont have 500 rounds thru ANY 1911 thats $1000 or under in cost then you cant judget them. Ive had Kimbers and others "act up" here and there and at round 526 they went on a run! LOL! Break in on GOOD 1911s is paramount...give em a shot before poo pooing on a 1911...or dont! LOL!

I bought a Kimber with aluminum? frame in 2020. I really like it... My only complaint is that it definitely took 300-400 rounds to work out the kinks... I had occasional failure to feed issues with the factory mag. The last round would not feed. I purchased Mec-Gar mags and haven't had any issues over the last 1000-1200 rounds. So it may of just been a bad magazine and not necessarily the gun. Any accuracy issues is probably more me than the gun...

With that being said, I would love a Dan Wesson!!

Didnt say that ALL the alloy lower guns were bad but they had a big batch that had issues and thats not just from my local shop's its confirmed by rep. Said they had it straightened out. Gotta give all Kimbers 500 rounds and they tell you that going in if people would read the paperwork that comes with the guns and online. So putter saw what is typical, give em the break in and they will perform. Issue with the alloy lowers were cracking and they also had some other lil issues that supposedly got worked out. ???

The pistols that Kimber has issues with are their low cost alloy frame guns. The all steel guns are solid guns but you are not going to get one for $699 unless you happen to stumble across a deal. The all steel guns are not what they were 25 yrs ago or even 10 years ago but they are still as good or better than the top brands at similar price. If you get to the $1000-$1200 range you get a bunch of pistol in some of the S&W offerings and all that ive owned are solid reliable and accurate pistols (S&W). Kimber jammed themselves up by putting out the alloy framed guns at cheap cost and it cost them. You get what you pay for so of course you are not going to get an all steel gun with all the standard upgrades for $800 unless you buy a secondary brand. To ME...the peak of 1911's was in the early to mid 2000's when Sig was producing solid guns for $700-$900, Kimber was doing the same as well as S&W. Things have gone way up in cost so those guns at that quality level are not that price any more...they are 20-25% more money now unless you pay attention for a deal to come down the line. If you are talking pistols that are $1200 and under...Kimber still builds some solid guns as do the other mentioned above. They damaged their brand buy trying to put out those lower priced guns during COVID etc and they just didnt stack up. Kimber does not build BBQ guns though and BBQ guns are customs built normally by custom smiths or custom shops.

Also, if you dont have 500 rounds thru ANY 1911 thats $1000 or under in cost then you cant judget them. Ive had Kimbers and others "act up" here and there and at round 526 they went on a run! LOL! Break in on GOOD 1911s is paramount...give em a shot before poo pooing on a 1911...or dont! LOL!
Gprippers, thats some good insight and explains a lot. My Kimber is from 1998 and all stainless. It has always been reliable, accurate, No feeding issues. It does have a disappointing trigger but I know that can be easily “tuned” —- however, for an expensive 1911 “it shouldn’t have to”.

I don’t know a whole lot about 1911s but I own a few two of them being Kimbers and both shoot straight. I like the looks too, kind of off the shelf BBQ guns I guess. The classic carry elite is about my favourite gun.
Image1705194609.502852.jpg

Apologies to OP for hijacking the thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsraelAher

Latest profile posts

We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!

I live in Tyler Texas. I like Ruger single action revolvers Ruger rifles, and Marlin and Winchester lever guns.
SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,