Custom 330 Dakota & 7mm Dakota. FN Mauser Actions. Accurate!

gprippers

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Member of
NRA, JOCO Sportmens Association
Hunted
Cont US, AK, Hawaii, Mexico
Hello gents! I listed these elsewhere as it doesnt seem like there is a lot of Dakota Mag love around here but figured id might as well give you all a shot. These two were built by Earl Brown of Oregon for ranch owner and outfitter in Montana who has aged out of hunting and i got them approx 10 years ago. Time has caught up with Mr Brown as well and he is not building these BG classics any longer. He was a very meticulous builder who rifles were always very accurate as well as beautiful.

-330 Dakota Mag
-FN Supreme Mauser action
-26 Donnelly barrel (could be Lilja a they are the only two barrel makers he used. I cant remember which on has which barrel.)
-2 position slide safety (think Rem 700 ish)
-Sako bottom metal
-Timney trigger
-beautiful walnut stock hand built and checkered for this rifle with contrast grip cap and end cap
-comes with older Nikon scope
-will come with loading date for 3 different rounds built for this rifle when built. All easily well under MOA. Also approx 50 loaded rounds.
$2400 OBO OR TRADE/PART TRADE?

-7mm Dakota Mag
-26" Donnelly barrel
-3 position Winchester wing style safety
-Timney trigger
-Beautiful AAA dark walnut hand checkered stock with contrast grip cap and end cap
-comes with Nikon 3200 Elite Scope
-Will include loading data for 2 or 3 loads worked up for this rifle when built. Also will include approx 30 loaded rounds/10 of each load i believe.
$2400 OBO OR TRADE/PART TRADE

I have the build cards for these rifles but they were not where they were supposed to be but hopefully ill find them. I did find an original bill of sale for one of them.
Anyway, these are top shelf old school built, accurate and beautiful BG rifles and both have trophy quality Elk, Mule Deer, Grizzly and Black Bear on them.
Any questions...just ask and ill do my best to answer accurately or not at all! LOL! Take a look at the pictures and let me know what you think.

330 Dakota

IMG_9610.JPG

IMG_9611.JPG

IMG_9612.JPG
IMG_9613.JPG

IMG_9616.JPG
IMG_9617.JPG
IMG_9618.JPG
IMG_9619.JPG
IMG_9620.JPG
IMG_9622.JPG
IMG_9623.JPG

IMG_9624.JPG
IMG_9625.JPG

IMG_9628.JPG

7MM DAKOTA 7MM DAKOTA 7MM DAKOTA 7MM DAKOTA 7MM DAKOTA
IMG_9630.JPG
IMG_9631.JPG

IMG_9632.JPG
IMG_9636.JPG
IMG_9641.JPG

IMG_9642.JPG

IMG_9643.JPG
IMG_9644.JPG

IMG_9646.JPG

IMG_9650.JPG
IMG_9651.JPG

IMG_9647.JPG
IMG_9652.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9643.JPG
    IMG_9643.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
The 7mm action doesn't look like FN Supreme. Looks to be a military action with the cutout. Nice stock work on both.

it is...typo out of habit. Too late to correct but close enough at that price! LOL!

As pointed out gents...not the supreme its the 57 FN military Mauser action. Earl did a fantastic job on the actions when he built these rifles. He was so meticulous and patient which is why ALL his rifles shoot 1/2-3/4 moa with decent factory loads and they shoot lights out with the loads he developed for each rifle! If i didnt have these calibers in triplicates i would not be selling these! Cross listed...not sure if i mentioned that and they are $550 less in price here on AH! The other site will charge $125 in fees at the $2950 they are listed for so net net these rifles are $425 lower in price here. I have plenty of brass for each caliber to last a life time as well as brass and a few of the loading companies load these calibers no problem-O! If they dont shoot lights out ill buy em back! Ive shot em and put the smack on nice critters with both so im very confident you will like shooting these classically built BG rifles.

******* DROP PRICE***** Cant believe it but Im going to drop prices on these to $1850 each so let me know if you want to buy or trade or part trade or ??? Thanks

Interarms M98-style safeties. Nothing like a rem 700. Nice. Good pics. Can you show close-ups of ALL writing on both sides of the receivers and bbls? Lots of Love for Dakota rifles.

Interarms M98-style safeties. Nothing like a rem 700. Nice. Good pics. Can you show close-ups of ALL writing on both sides of the receivers and bbls? Lots of Love for Dakota rifles.
Point is they are a 2 position slide safety similar to 700 safety or slide tang safety. Back is safe and forward/up is fire.

sent you pm with following info and both are large rings of course:
330 Dakota=RT side of receiver in front of the chamber C 1257 and in the same position on the left side are a couple small cartouches/proofs. Top of receiver doesnt look to have anything but also has scope bases mounted. Did not bull stock off to see what is on underside of barrel. Barrel says 330 Dakota.

7MM Dakota=Rt side in front of chamber says R.FAMAGE 1957 and on left side in same position it says F.279xx (x = numbers). On top of receiver in front looks to be Military/country type crest but cant make out what it says other than RE....IA. Republic of Columbia? and R. Famage Covered by front scope base. 7mm Dakota on barrel. Did not pull rifle apart to look at underside of the barrel. My son says he remembers the tag i misplaced said customer supplied action in the oldest writing on the tag and then it had "specs" on it.

*****BOTH BARRELS SHOULD SAY "FLAME THROWIN, TACK SMACKIN, BIG GAME MASHIN BOOM STICKS"

********* FOUND THIS INFO ON THE OL INTERWEB:*********
"Mauser, made for Colombia by Steyr in Austria, CZ in Czechoslovakia, or Fabrique Nationale in Belgium. In the 50's many were reworked ("Reformado") by the Colombian Army's Fabrica de Materiales de Guerra (Military Materiel Factory - FAMAGE), in Bogota.

They were later sold as surplus to American importers and many were converted to sporting configuration, either by the importers or by persons who purchased the rifles in military form. Quality of the original rifles was very good.
Did not pull rifle apart to look at underside of the barrel. My son says he remembers the tag i misplaced said customer supplied action in the oldest writing on the tag and then it had "specs" on it."***

Last edited:
Ran out of time to edit but found this on the 7MM Dakota Mag action marked FAMAGE 1957 which makes quite a bit of sense Browns built on pre 64 winchesters and Mausers. I will find both rifle tags. Cannot believe i dont have them readily available and there were 3x5" cards with info as well. If/when i find them ill post pics of them. Anyway, info on the Famage signed action in 7mm Dakota

********* FOUND THIS INFO ON THE OL INTERWEB:*********
"Mauser, made for Colombia by Steyr in Austria, CZ in Czechoslovakia, or Fabrique Nationale in Belgium. In the 50's many were reworked ("Reformado") by the Colombian Army's Fabrica de Materiales de Guerra (Military Materiel Factory - FAMAGE), in Bogota.

They were later sold as surplus to American importers and many were converted to sporting configuration, either by the importers or by persons who purchased the rifles in military form. Quality of the original rifles was very good.

$1750 take your pick! GREAT RIFLES! I just have triplicates of the calibers etc.

Hello gents! I listed these elsewhere as it doesnt seem like there is a lot of Dakota Mag love around here but figured id might as well give you all a shot. These two were built by Earl Brown of Oregon for ranch owner and outfitter in Montana who has aged out of hunting and i got them approx 10 years ago. Time has caught up with Mr Brown as well and he is not building these BG classics any longer. He was a very meticulous builder who rifles were always very accurate as well as beautiful.

-330 Dakota Mag
-26 Donnelly barrel (could be Lilja a they are the only two barrel makers he used. I cant remember which on has which barrel.)
-2 position slide safety (think Rem 700 ish)
-Sako bottom metal
-Timney trigger
-beautiful walnut stock hand built and checkered for this rifle with contrast grip cap and end cap
-comes with older Nikon scope
-will come with loading date for 3 different rounds built for this rifle when built. All easily well under MOA. Also approx 50 loaded rounds.
$2400 OBO OR TRADE/PART TRADE?

-7mm Dakota Mag
-26" Donnelly barrel
-3 position Winchester wing style safety
-Timney trigger
-Beautiful AAA dark walnut hand checkered stock with contrast grip cap and end cap
-comes with Nikon 3200 Elite Scope
-Will include loading data for 2 or 3 loads worked up for this rifle when built. Also will include approx 30 loaded rounds/10 of each load i believe.
$2400 OBO OR TRADE/PART TRADE

I have the build cards for these rifles but they were not where they were supposed to be but hopefully ill find them. I did find an original bill of sale for one of them.
Anyway, these are top shelf old school built, accurate and beautiful BG rifles and both have trophy quality Elk, Mule Deer, Grizzly and Black Bear on them.
Any questions...just ask and ill do my best to answer accurately or not at all! LOL! Take a look at the pictures and let me know what you think.

330 Dakota

View attachment 558618

View attachment 558619
View attachment 558620View attachment 558621
View attachment 558622View attachment 558623View attachment 558624View attachment 558625View attachment 558626View attachment 558627View attachment 558628
View attachment 558629View attachment 558630

View attachment 558631

7MM DAKOTA 7MM DAKOTA 7MM DAKOTA 7MM DAKOTA 7MM DAKOTA
View attachment 558632View attachment 558633
View attachment 558634View attachment 558635View attachment 558636
View attachment 558637
View attachment 558639View attachment 558640
View attachment 558641
View attachment 558642View attachment 558643
View attachment 558644View attachment 558645
I may be interested in the 330 Dakota and some 330 Dakota brass. Please shoot me a PM....I'm still not great at utilizing the features available here. I e-mailed you through GB also.
Thank you

Thanks to all for the trade offers but nothing ive been excited about and thats what it will take in trade as im trying to thin the herd down a bit.

NOW $1750 SHIPPED FFL to FFL!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColeLeblan

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!

I live in Tyler Texas. I like Ruger single action revolvers Ruger rifles, and Marlin and Winchester lever guns.
SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,