CAMEROON: Another Great Hunt With Alan Vincent - Lord Derby Eland This Time

IMG_0476.jpeg

We also caught a few nice eating sized Nile Perch, locally known as ‘Capitain’

Both the Tigers and Perch proved to be great fighting fish. I’m glad I brought fishing gear along as we had a great time fishing. I left the gear with Alan and it’ll be used at his camp on Madaba, in the Selous Game Reserve. I’ve now set Alan up with 3 complete rods and reel combos for use in the Selous. He’s got fantastic fishing on Lake Nyerere where his concession is located and I’m looking forward to enjoying it the next time I’m hunting with him in the Selous. Plan is for another father-son hunt there for 16 days in September of ‘27 or ‘28.

Attachments

• IMG_0467.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 73
Last edited by a moderator:
All in all it was a very good hunt with a long time great friend. I’ve known Alan literally since he was ten years old, nearly 41 years. We’ve had some really good hunts together and we’re both looking forward to future good times shared across some of Africa’s great places to hunt.

I‘m glad I hunted Cameroon, though the country outside of the hunting concessions is pretty impoverished even by African standards. We drove hours on rough dirt roads through village after village of nothing but mud huts with no electricity, running water or sewer facilities. Most of the people outside the cities live a very basic life just as they’ve done for decades. About the only modern convenience for a few are small motorcycles or bicycles, but most people still get around only by walking. I might go back someday for a roan, buffalo & red flanked duiker; but not likely as there are still so many other places I’d like to hunt across Africa and at 65 years old, I know I probably only have 10-15 years left to hunt the places and species I still want to pursue.

Man, what a great trip! Congrats on some awesome animals!

Congratulations. Great LDR, and awesome kob!

I’m leaving Brussels tomorrow morning 3 March to hunt the same areas for some PG (bushbuck, waterbuck, hartebeest, kob, etc.). Looking forward to it.
Best of luck, I hope you enjoy an excellent hunt.

A few random sights along the way…

Typical bush village

Attachments

• IMG_0499.jpeg
    8.1 MB · Views: 46
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing the larger story.
Good luck with the surgery.

Congrats for a great hunt, and thanks for sharing !

Great hunt report! That’s a great LDE!

Congratulations again Dan on a fine, old LDE bull. What character. Also good to catch up on the rest of your trip. I'm going back in 2026, eleven years after my first trip to the savanna, this time for a buff/roan combo. I took a nice LDE bull in 2015 and a nice red buff but while I got almost everything back in my shipment, including buff cape, my buff skull didn't make it and was never found. SO.... a good excuse to go back. Join me and put a big roan in the salt! Congrats again buddy!

What an incredible Lord Derby, huge congrats is in order.

Thanks for the very detailed report I enjoyed reading it. I’ve done the Bongo with Mayo but I’ve had to move two LD trips so this makes me partly sick, and partly excited for when it does happen.

Hakan is a great guy, I have been on multiple Asian hunts he was part of organizing the logistics he is top notch and a very, very nice guy.

Great bull thanks for sharing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaceyVmw0

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)