AH Get Together In Nashville During Safari Club International (SCI) Convention 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to this. Last year was great!

I'm staying at the Hotel Fraye again. Great hotel and a bit cheaper than downtown. Short Lyft ride to the convention.

My wife is investigating. We have found some that will still be open. I will PM you when we pick one. We can all tell lies around the campfire!
Sounds like a party! I shall bring the matches :)

:unsure:.....is that like camping with a bedroom..shower ...kitchen...etc etc :E Rofl:
Living room with recliners and a sofa, 50" TV, kitchen with refrigerator and freezer, king size bed, tv in bedroom, bath and a half, double vanities, closet. Yes Mike it's almost like hunting in Africa but without the servants. But to rough it there are large awnings and an outdoor TV.

:unsure:.....is that like camping with a bedroom..shower ...kitchen...etc etc :E Rofl:
It is like home away from home and not having to stay in wretched hotels :giggle:

We are thinking of doing the same thing. Any advice on good safe camp grounds? Preferably also convenient ;)
I stay at Edgar Evans campgrounds routinely, as in when I have V. A. appts in Nashvilke and Cookeville. It's about an hour and half from the park to the V.A. pending on traffic. About the same to a bit less to downtown.

I stayed at Edgar Evans S.P. for the 2 days I was attending the SCI convention and AH get together.

The park also has cabins/apartments available for, I think, $150.00/night at this time of year the seasonal nightly rates may still be discounted, senior and veterans also receive a 25%, 100% disabled, service connected receive a 50% discount, must have proof of V.A. 100% disability rating.

You can contact the park office for reservations and full details at: 931-646-3080 or 931-646-3088.

Or feel free to contact me via PM.

For current military service members and veterans Fort Campbell is about 45 minutes to an hour away depending on traffic; can be a bit quicker coming in the back way.

@ActionBob @Just Gina, Edgar Evans is extremely safe as withmost every Tennessee State Park. The Ranger make regular rounds 24/7.

It's also end of Jan- first of Feb....still hunting seasons for us......and the park is part of a WMA....and Tennessee is an open carry/ conceal carry without permit state....

For those avid fishermen and women Edgar Evans S.P. campgrounds are located at Cedar Hill Dam. Check out twra.org for fishing and hunting regulations and licenses.

Last edited by a moderator:
We stayed south of Nashville in Brentwood at the Comfort Inn and Suites. It was $75 including an OK breakfast. The best part is that we could hop on US 31 which became Franklin Road in Nashville and then 8th Ave when you were downtown. It put us right at the corner of the Music City Center. The drive was all of 15 minutes and maybe 20-25 at the evening rush hour. It literally was a direct shot to the convention and we didn't have to deal with the slow traffic on the Interstates.

We stayed south of Nashville in Brentwood at the Comfort Inn and Suites. It was $75 including an OK breakfast. The best part is that we could hop on US 31 which became Franklin Road in Nashville and then 8th Ave when you were downtown. It put us right at the corner of the Music City Center. The drive was all of 15 minutes and maybe 20-25 at the evening rush hour. It literally was a direct shot to the convention and we didn't have to deal with the slow traffic on the Interstates.
Gotta learn those back roads and streets....to love them...to get you in and out of Nashville (or any big city) quicker than on a highway parking lot during "rush"....the crawl....hour.

BTW.. Edgar Evans S.P. campgrounds has bath houses, electric hookup and a dump station, no waste water hookup.

For those looking to book a room/cottage, tent (primitive) camp, bring a camper / RV.....maybe we could get together for a cookout/ campfire night...or 2.

I stay at Edgar Evans campgrounds routinely, as in when I have V. A. appts in Nashvilke and Cookeville. It's about an hour and half from the park to the V.A. pending on traffic. About the same to a bit less to downtown.

I stayed at Edgar Evans S.P. for the 2 days I was attending the SCI convention and AH get together.

The park also has cabins/apartments available for, I think, $150.00/night at this time of year the seasonal nightly rates may still be discounted, senior and veterans also receive a 25%, 100% disabled, service connected receive a 50% discount, must have proof of V.A. 100% disability rating.

You can contact the park office for reservations and full details at: 931-646-3080 or 931-646-3088.

Or feel free to contact me via PM.

For current military service members and veterans Fort Campbell is about 45 minutes to an hour away depending on traffic; can be a bit quicker coming in the back way.

@ActionBob @Just Gina, Edgar Evans is extremely safe as withmost every Tennessee State Park. The Ranger make regular rounds 24/7.

It's also end of Jan- first of Feb....still hunting seasons for us......and the park is part of a WMA....and Tennessee is an open carry/ conceal carry without permit state....

For those avid fishermen and women Edgar Evans S.P. campgrounds are located at Cedar Hill Dam. Check out twra.org for fishing and hunting regulations and licenses.
Thanks a bunch for the recommendation. That sounds like a great option but that us quite a hike out there.

Wondering if there is something closer.

Does anyone know anything about Two Rivers Campground, Nashville RV Resort and Cabins, and Nashville KOA Resort? Looks like they are about 20 minutes out.

I’m staying at the Westin Nashville. Same place as last year and I booked on the Sunday I was leaving the convention. We had such a good time in Nashville that booking early was never a concern.

HH

Thanks a bunch for the recommendation. That sounds like a great option but that us quite a hike out there.

Does anyone know anything about Two Rivers Campground, Nashville RV Resort and Cabins, and Nashville KOA Resort? Looks like they are about 20 minutes out.
I can't speak to the amenities of Two Rivers Campground but I see it every time we skirt around Nashville on Briley Parkway. The restaurant next door, Cock of the Walk, is a great catfish restaurant.

I drove into that KOA on my way out of Nashville this summer; its more like a parking lot feel then camping but its fairly close to where the convention is held; it would certainly serve the purpose if the convention was the focus. As it was late afternoon I decided to keep driving on to make a few more miles and I was due for a hotel stay that night as I’m a roof top tent on my truck and dont always have all the conveniences. Debated staying there but I had seen all of Nashville I needed in a day and wanted to get away from morning traffic.

Living room with recliners and a sofa, 50" TV, kitchen with refrigerator and freezer, king size bed, tv in bedroom, bath and a half, double vanities, closet. Yes Mike it's almost like hunting in Africa but without the servants. But to rough it there are large awnings and an outdoor TV.
My wife was born nearby and still has relatives living in the area. However, if things don't work out, do you have room for a couple of boarders?? LOL Just kidding!!

We are thinking of doing the same thing. Any advice on good safe camp grounds? Preferably also convenient ;)
Although it would be about 30 mins away from downtown, Montgomery Bell State Park is nice and quiet. Primitive and Full Hookups and lots of them. Hot shower house.

Although it would be about 30 mins away from downtown, Montgomery Bell State Park is nice and quiet. Primitive and Full Hookups and lots of them. Hot shower house.
Thanks! Looks like they have some full hookups for large campers. However when I mapped it it says an hour away.....

I live about 5 hours SSE of Nashville and will be coming up on Friday afternoon. I will stay in Brentwood and use one of the parking decks near the Music City Center. Looking forward to the get together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrittanyPa

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]