9.3x62mm vs. .375 H&H Mag

I am not, not "getting along." Expressing opinions when opinions are asked for should be expected and anticipated, this is after all an opinion forum, whether based on first hand experience, or as is so often the case on the internet, "armchair experience." Nobody is asking you to agree, feel free to counter anything you disapprove of, as will I, but telling someone to "pipe down" is fighting words where I come from. After 35 years in the career I come from, I don't take kindly to that. I am fine with the ignore function in both directions, if that brings you peace.

I believe that I suggested you give it a rest, not to ‘pipe down’. And I suspect that I’ve laced up the blades and dropped the gloves just as often as you have if we are getting into that ridiculous comparison. Regardless, there are many on here who are not armchair experts. They have actually used these calibers in Africa on dangerous game. That experience is worth listening to, and trumps any ballistics table or computer calculation. Do with that what you will, I’m done with the conversation.

I believe that I suggested you give it a rest, not to ‘pipe down’. And I suspect that I’ve laced up the blades and dropped the gloves just as often as you have if we are getting into that ridiculous comparison. Regardless, there are many on here who are not armchair experts. They have actually used these calibers in Africa on dangerous game. That experience is worth listening to, and trumps any ballistics table or computer calculation. Do with that what you will, I’m done with the conversation.

"Give it a rest" and "pipe down" are the same thing. Men only talk like that to other men on computers... I'm done with this too, but you've been "dancing with the girl you brung."

"Give it a rest" is a request, if slightly exasperated in tone. In a script it could be delivered as a command of sorts, or a plea.

"Pipe down" is a command. In a script, the next step would be someone backing down, or fighting. Unless the pecking order has already been established.

Where they converge is if a person isn't capable of language nuance, or doesn't operate within them. Incapacity is a limitation, but not choosing to recognize nuance, can be highly effective.

Somewhere, someone with blue hair is breaking these social norms down for dangerous game hunters...

"Give it a rest" is a request, if slightly exasperated in tone. In a script it could be delivered as a command of sorts, or a plea.

"Pipe down" is a command. In a script, the next step would be someone backing down, or fighting. Unless the pecking order has already been established.

Where they converge is if a person isn't capable of language nuance, or doesn't operate within them. Incapacity is a limitation, but not choosing to recognize nuance, can be highly effective.

Somewhere, someone with blue hair is breaking these social norms down for dangerous game hunters...

"OR"... Some passive-agressive internet entity, can't quite say what they mean, which is "shut up"....which is the underlying message of "give it a rest" or "pipe down." The nuance is not simply in the language, but also the demeanor and intent.

Having said that, I think all parties have moved on to more important things... like arguing about cartridges and loads.

I simplified things between the two cartridges, which is in my nature, and when carting them both across the pond.

300 grain A-Frame.

In the 9.3, 2,425 fps MV using a temperature resistant powder.
in the H&H, 2,450 fps MV with a different temperature resistant powder. This one duplicates the Federal Premium Safari A-Frame load which happens to be consistent and accurate from my barrel.

Gentleman and ladies, if I may offer my 2 cents (which is all it’s worth!), I’ve found willfully getting into a pissing contest on the internet is akin to intentionally stepping in dog poop! Why? It’s not as if you’re going to step outside and settle your differences. I agree with Rule303, often things are taken out of context, why else would my wife get angry over a text message I sent her!?

As a brand new member (not without experience though), I am very impressed overall with the tremendous knowledge and experience displayed by members here. Also, the unselfish sharing of knowledge and overall friendliness, I very much enjoy this site!

I think many here are quite successful in their chosen professions and often times, type A personalities will clash and clash hard! I know in my previous professions this was quite common, the testosterone was dripping off us! Just men being men. I think most of us would have a beer with one another after the fist to cuffs!

I love both the 9.3x62 and 375 H&H. I love the history behind both cartridges. I currently possess a CZ 550 Kevlar American stock 9.3x62 mounted with an Leupold VX3 2.5-8x36mm and it’s one of my favorite rifles. I have previously owned 375 H&H and I plan on acquiring another, “just to have.” With the right bullet, in the right place, both will get the job done!

Cutting thrugh the chafe, I doubt if anyone can tell the difference in killing effect between a 375 H&H and a 9,3x62, Ive used both a good deal, they worked the same as any African PH will tell you or so it seemed to me..the rest is just in your mind..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JesusCole

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg