2024 SHOT Show

Hoping for some Ruger No.1 offered in a new selection of calibers this year. They haven't been updated in a while.

Sako 90 bringing new.magnum length actions to the product range as has been hunted at.

Any new rifles being offered in safari calibers.

New double rifles?
The Sako 90 Hunter will be available in both 9.3x62 and .375 H&H.

Christensen will be offering the Traverse in .375 H&H for $2549. Has a carbon wrapped barrel and a composite stock. It is push feed.

Winchester continues to offer the Model 70 Safari Express in a CRF in .375 H&H, .416 Rem Mag, and .458 Win Mag.

Lipsey's would not say if they were going to offer any new Ruger No. 1's this year. However (!!!!), they will be offering the Ruger Hawkeye African in .35 Whelen. In addition, they will be offering the Ruger 77/22 African in .22 Hornet. Both the .35 Whelen and .22 Hornet will have express sights and ebony forend tips.

Finally, if anyone wanted a 7mm PRC for plains game, virtually everyone was making one. Last year is was mostly Ruger in the Ruger American. This year I saw offering from Ruger (American and M77 in a composite stock), Savage, Christensen, Bergara, CVA, etc.

I don't remember seeing anyone offering double rifles other than Chapuis. Tom Leoni can correct me but I think it was the same as last year.

Ruger did not even bring there Hawkeye African or Guide gun models to DSC. I'm not holding my breath for them either. Far cry from the days of the Ruger RSM.
See my comments below. Through Lipseys, there were be a limited run of Ruger Hawkeye African in .35 Whelen and the Model 77/22 African in .22 Hornet. Both will have wood stocks and barrel band sling mounts.

Hoping for some Ruger No.1 offered in a new selection of calibers this year. They haven't been updated in a while.

Sako 90 bringing new.magnum length actions to the product range as has been hunted at.

Any new rifles being offered in safari calibers.

New double rifles?
I asked an older gentleman in the Ruger booth about No. 1s and he said we should see some later this year. Not holding my breath, but thought I'd let you know what I heard when I asked.

See my comments below. Through Lipseys, there were be a limited run of Ruger Hawkeye African in .35 Whelen and the Model 77/22 African in .22 Hornet. Both will have wood stocks and barrel band sling mounts.

The hornet sounds neat....

I think then
One in 22 would be neat for practice, but the hornet is expensive relatively speaking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaveI79146

Latest profile posts

We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!

I live in Tyler Texas. I like Ruger single action revolvers Ruger rifles, and Marlin and Winchester lever guns.
SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,