Angelo_orygun

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa, North America
A couple friends of mine were hunting in RSA last month and wrapped up on Saturday. They were hunting with the same outfit and using the same taxidermy studio as me so I asked them to check on my Buff Scull from a previous hunt. They gladly followed up and sent me a picture of the mount on Sunday AM my time.

Before the days first cup of coffee I looked at my phone and couldn’t believe what I saw. The scull they were holding, that had my name on it was not my buff.

Image1659399269.202438.jpg

I responded “I haven't had coffee yet. But that skull looks strange?”

The response was “Those skulls are known to shrink during the drying process”

I followed up with “ It's broken off on the left, bosses dont even look the same.”

This is the Buff I was expecting to see:
Image1659399424.180989.jpg

The panic/confusion/doubt started to set in ever so slightly. They have got to be messing with me right? What if my buff did get mixed up or lost? There is no way… is there?

Next text said “Running through airport security will get back after we get through” and then nothing.

This morning “Ok we're finally back to ATL and cleaned up at lounge. Somethings definitely off here - let me know when available for FaceTime. “

I answered the FaceTime call with “you guys better be messing with me!” And they broke out in laughter and started to dangle the fake tag with my name on it in front of me. We all had a laugh, I called them choice names and then congratulated them of a job well done.

Turns out my mounts had already been crated and are going to be headed my way shortly.

Moral of the story - ALWAYS go to Africa with your friends to supervise them while the check on your taxidermy!!

Attachments

• Image1659399304.482187.jpg
    Image1659399304.482187.jpg
    724.2 KB · Views: 132
Couldn't help but think of this scene.....

A couple friends of mine were hunting in RSA last month and wrapped up on Saturday. They were hunting with the same outfit and using the same taxidermy studio as me so I asked them to check on my Buff Scull from a previous hunt. They gladly followed up and sent me a picture of the mount on Sunday AM my time.

Before the days first cup of coffee I looked at my phone and couldn’t believe what I saw. The scull they were holding, that had my name on it was not my buff.

View attachment 480444

I responded “I haven't had coffee yet. But that skull looks strange?”

The response was “Those skulls are known to shrink during the drying process”

I followed up with “ It's broken off on the left, bosses dont even look the same.”

This is the Buff I was expecting to see:
View attachment 480450

The panic/confusion/doubt started to set in ever so slightly. They have got to be messing with me right? What if my buff did get mixed up or lost? There is no way… is there?

Next text said “Running through airport security will get back after we get through” and then nothing.

This morning “Ok we're finally back to ATL and cleaned up at lounge. Somethings definitely off here - let me know when available for FaceTime. “

I answered the FaceTime call with “you guys better be messing with me!” And they broke out in laughter and started to dangle the fake tag with my name on it in front of me. We all had a laugh, I called them choice names and then congratulated them of a job well done.

Turns out my mounts had already been crated and are going to be headed my way shortly.

Moral of the story - ALWAYS go to Africa with your friends to supervise them while the check on your taxidermy!!
@Angelo_orygun
What a pack of bastards but it is also something I would to stir a friend up

I thought it was hilarious! Rupert the taxidermist was even in on it if Angelo decided to call. Besides its his fault for not coming with us on the adventure in the first place.....

I thought it was hilarious! Rupert the taxidermist was even in on it if Angelo decided to call. Besides its his fault for not coming with us on the adventure in the first place.....

Like I said, with friends like you, who needs enemies!

Drom got a kick out of it as well. Sent him a message on WhatsApp this AM.

Your real buff looks superb, worth waiting for. The broken horn stand in isn't bad either.

Thanks. I Agree 100%, but the memories don’t match the stand in!

My main concern if things did got swapped was not paying the shipping fees and jumping through additional airline hoops to ship a Buff that wasn’t mine back to the USA.

I would have been very grumpy, but the shipping would have been way easier once I got over it.

Your real buff looks superb, worth waiting for. The broken horn stand in isn't bad either.

That was actually my first thought, that broken horn, broomed off, skull is not one to be ashamed of either!

You have some good friends. Reminds me of how military guys & gals mess with each other. The best part...payback is gonna be a bitch for them. Make it count. :cool:

EDIT - Best to Karl and Rupert. I wouldn't hold them accountable for what was certainly your "friends" idea.

You have some good friends. Reminds me of how military guys & gals mess with each other. The best part...payback is gonna be a bitch for them. Make it count. :cool:

EDIT - Best to Karl and Rupert. I wouldn't hold them accountable for what was certainly your "friends" idea.

Andre was the third wheel as well. They are all going to pay!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LydaX15957

Latest profile posts

Safari Dave wrote on CoElkHunter's profile.
I didn't get drawn for Wyoming this year.

Are you planning to hunt Unit 4 this fall?

(Thinking about coming out)
another great review

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone