Wayne LaPierre resigns from the NRA

I'm an Endowment Life member and have been fighting for reform for the last few years. Wayne going is good even though he said it was "for health reasons." He still wasn't man enough to suck it up and take some responsibility for the loss of members and loss of revenue.

Wayne's departure is only the first step. The Board must be reformed. A 76-member board is about 56 members too large. Moreover, the board is full of hacks whose allegiance to Wayne is the only reason they are on the board. Wayne used member money to push his preferred candidates for the 76th Director for years. Likewise, his cronies controlled the Nominations Committee and only vetted/approved by the Old Guard candidates made it to the ballot. Petition candidates, while there have been a few, rarely ever win. The only way Frank Tait, a petition candidate who came in last, made it on the board for a few months is that there were enough resignations and deaths that they had to seat him under the bylaws.

The grifters in Fairfax need to be flushed out and new management put in place. Brewer, Attorneys and Counselors, needs to be shown the door. I think $100 million in fees for crappy work is enough. I could go on.

I have been blogging about the problems for years. Some board members even think I'm "NRA In Danger" who has been pointing out the issues. I can assure those people that I'm not and that I was writing about the problems for a couple of years before he or she came on the scene.

76 member board? That's ridiculous! Isn't Ted Nugent still on the board? That clown is an embarrassment. Multiple poaching offenses. He also needs a push out the door.

The NRA lost all credibility with me a long time ago when they were peddling useless cancer insurance. When confronted the response was "We need the money to save your guns." Didn't wash with me and I pulled my membership.

Watching that video of Wayne botching his elephant hunt was just too much. His lack of familiarity with firearms blew me away (pun intended). Then the bankruptcy exposure. What took him so long to run away? After all that I think any self-respecting person would have jumped off a bridge somewhere. Not that fathead.

76 member board? That's ridiculous! Isn't Ted Nugent still on the board? That clown is an embarrassment. Multiple poaching offenses. He also needs a push out the door.

The NRA lost all credibility with me a long time ago when they were peddling useless cancer insurance. When confronted the response was "We need the money to save your guns." Didn't wash with me and I pulled my membership.

Watching that video of Wayne botching his elephant hunt was just too much. His lack of familiarity with firearms blew me away (pun intended). Then the bankruptcy exposure. What took him so long to run away? After all that I think any self-respecting person would have jumped off a bridge somewhere. Not that fathead.
Ted Nugent resigned in 2021. Most of the other celebrity members have quietly left the board. If I had been a legal or financial advisor to them, I would have advised it.

Wayne was never a gun guy. He was a lobbyist and politician who was made into something bigger perception-wise by the NRA's ad agency.

I think this might be great news.

The NRA has lost much influence over the last few years. It would be great to reconsolidate power in one 2nd Amendment organization.

Someone needs to educate the public that the NRA is much more than a lobbying organization, funded by "big firearm companies".

“A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.” 2nd Amendment, United States Constitution, ratified on December 15, 1791.

Encouraging news! Here’s to new leadership continuing to support our Bill of Rights. God Bless America…

. . . Brewer, Attorneys and Counselors, needs to be shown the door. I think $100 million in fees for crappy work is enough. I could go on. . .

Brewer is one the best lawyers in the USA. If your Fortune 500 company has a BIG problem that’s who you hire and his rate reflects his skill.

I suspect however, that Brewer gave Wayne real bad news and that is why Wayne is out just before trial.

Brewer is one the best lawyers in the USA. If your Fortune 500 company has a BIG problem that’s who you hire and his rate reflects his skill.

I suspect however, that Brewer gave Wayne real bad news and that is why Wayne is out just before trial.
What trial are we referring to...?

I genuinely didn't know that foreigners could join the NRA...

I suspect however, that Brewer gave Wayne real bad news and that is why Wayne is out

I think you and I will have to disagree on the skill of Bill Brewer.

Brewer was originally hired by the NRA for what was thought to be a 6 week engagement because "he was connected to NY Democrats" and could settle the case quickly.

What has happened is that you have a anti-gun Democrat who contributed to both Hillary and Beto and who hated his father-in-law expand his power over Wayne and the Board to such an extent that the NRA is a fraction of what it used to be. Nothing happens without his approval or machinations.

He played on Wayne's paranoia to isolate him from long time friends such as Tony Makris and Brewer's father-in-law Angus McQueen. He pushed out stalwarts such as Richard Childress and Ollie North who had been with the NRA for years when they questioned his bills. Chris Cox, the real architect of the NRA's political prowess and heir apparent, was forced out by accusations of being a traitor to Wayne.

Everytown, Bloomberg, Giffords, or the Bradys in their wildest dreams could never have sabotaged the NRA as much as it has been hurt by Bill Brewer.

Twice over the last 40+ years I've opened my wallet/billfold to help shooting organisations recover from executive mismanagement down here in Australia. both time I've benefited with membership for life, for which I'm extremely grateful. LaPierre's conduct has been observed here; we understand why the NRA "went backwards" under his aegis. This is GREAT news; my best wishes to all present and past dissatisfied members for the future...

I genuinely didn't know that foreigners could join the NRA...
I'm a US citizen and disabled American vet. I threw in the towel with NRA more than ten years before moving to Canada. I have lived here since 1989. Don't know for sure but I suspect anyone who wants to shell out the $$$ can be a member.

Personalities like Selleck get (and got) very tired of the fish bowl and the rubber chicken tour required for such positions. I don’t blame them! I have nothing against LaPierre personally, having worked with him on a grass roots NRA function back in the 80s. Also, I’ve known a couple of the board members fairly well. Most of those type positions necessitate dancing with the devil. Whatever happened with LaPierre and some of the upper echelon in the NRA was not good at all for any on our side of 2A. Politics and power tend to corrupt. I could see the trend develop years ago. It was hiding in plain sight, an example being when the NRA leadership was playing political “footsy” with the late Harry Reid. LaPierre was not the only one corrupted in the NRA by the system requirement to swim in the swamp of big money, political power and lobbyists. Anyway, I hope the NRA recovers and rights its ship. But such things take time and the anti-2A forces don’t rest. It will require vigilance and faith by all concerned pro-2A citizens. After all, the 2nd Amendment is one of the few unique tenants of governance separating the US from the rest of the world.

Sometimes the disease is so rampant that the best thing one can do is put the dog down. I for one am done and have no use for thieves and liars. Good riddance NRA and all remaining governance of same. You can’t leave those who created the problem in charge of the solution.

Last edited:
Something that gun owners and the anti-gun crowd finally agree on!

I'm a Endowment Life member. I've been telling my friends for 40 years to join the NRA. I live in Oregon, the leftist ran measure 114 that basically made gun owning Oregonians criminals (luckily a judge that can read the constitution has stopped implementation of 114), WHERE was the NRA they whispered and donated $35000 to fight 114 we needed 6 or 7 figures to compete with the leftist, and insult to injury the NRA donated it wrong so they got a $1500 fine from Oregon. Now with Wayne gone maybe we can get someone who cares about the members, if not, they will not get anymore money from me and I will not try to convince my friends to join. 76 board members is way too many 7,9, or 11 member board would be better

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BarrettFar

Latest profile posts

another great review

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!