Wanted Mid-Range Double Rifle 9.3x74r Or?

I've got a Merkel 141 DR I'd part with. Send me a PM and I'll give you the details.

My dream double is 9.3x74r. Lefty for me though so used market is slim to none. Hope you find one!

I have a friend with a very nice 9.3x74r double for sale. Its a Sabatti, I personally confirmed regulation on it and it is extremely accurate. Regulated with 286 gr hornady bullets

Hey Gizmo or is it Eric,
Thanks for your response. Yes send me some pictures and details.

Thanks,
Ron

Hey Gizmo or is it Eric,
Thanks for your response. Yes send me some pictures and details.

Thanks,
Ron
Will do. I sent him a message on what he wants for it and to get some pics. He just moved so it may take a few days for him to get it unpacked to get pics. I’ll pm you his phone number.

Wanted Mid-Range Double Rifle 9.3x74r or ?
If you haven't found one yet, I've got a fantastic Sabatti double I'd part with for what I paid for it. Ammo and shipping included. I also have a Ruger No. 1 in 9.3x74r if you prefer. I'm only parting with it because I have a 10-safari coming up in May and I've decided to take a .35 Whelen and .35 Newton instead.

Chapuis also does a very highly regarded double rifle in 9.3x74R.

Here for the original website.

Here for the USA importer.
Here's a really nice one at a good price......

Attachments

• Chapuis Express in 9.3x74r in Excellent Barely used condition, includes Leupold VX7 1.5-6x for...pdf
    322.1 KB · Views: 46
Personally I would opt for an O/U in 7x65R and or 9.3x74R....

I have really enjoyed my little Merkel 141 in 9.3x74R. It was the first double I purchased and the only one I have kept. It may not be the "coolest" double I have owned but it is definitely the most useful for my purposes.

1.JPG
1b.JPG
3.JPG
IMG_0431.JPG
IMG_7720.JPG
Me and Mama with NC bear.JPG
thumb_V66A4799_1024.jpg

Safe hunting

Thanks for getting back to me - Toby & Jay
Thinking of a 9.3x74r - 9.3x 62 - 8x57
Some thing that's easy to get ammo for but I will be reloading also.
I have a 470 NE which I will keep but would like something with less recoil to shoot quite often.
And Jay, I would really like a side/side rather than a o/u.

Thanks again,
Ron
I don't know that I have seen a double in 9.3 x 62mm

If you haven't found one yet, I've got a fantastic Sabatti double I'd part with for what I paid for it. Ammo and shipping included. I also have a Ruger No. 1 in 9.3x74r if you prefer. I'm only parting with it because I have a 10-safari coming up in May and I've decided to take a .35 Whelen and .35 Newton instead.

Thanks for responding (The35Whelen)- Send me details about your Sabatti,Pictures etc.
Ron

Thanks for getting back to me(SFRanger7&GP) and for the information.
You shot some nice animals.
My son and I went to Namibia last September and bagged some of the same animals. I used a 300 PRC built by my son of "Helix 6 Precision" He built and used a 33 Nosler.

If you want a double then it's 9.3x74R you want, not x62 or other rimless stuff IMO. I have drillings in both rimmed and rimless chamberings. Rimmed is better.

I think Krieghoff has some interesting options. Their double in the 9.3mm and smaller cartridges has an adjustable muzzle (as does their double rifle drilling). This would allow for a lot of precision in fine tuning a load and regulation, adding to the versatility. Nosler's 9.3mm 250gr Accubond has a decently high BC and can be driven fast enough to be viable on plains game at extended ranges for example.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RogelioCat

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)