USA: Spring Turkey in VA 2024

No offense taken. I've done running & gunning, failed miserably at that too. LOL. The plan for this one was to set up where they were going...into the area they eat from. It didn't work out. When I'm not so busy I'll type up how today went and how I nearly went running & gunning.
If I had birds gobbling within 200 yards and they weren't coming I dont think I could sit there and hope they come lol. I would have to try to get within their bubble and make something happen.

I could go over the whole thing, but suffice to say that it didn't turn out the way I had hoped. Maybe I'll summarize the day or the trip in a later post. For now enjoy a few pictures I snapped along the way.
View attachment 599600
View attachment 599599
View attachment 599601
Bee, sounds like a good hunt and you were in the right area and “into birds”….hopefully you can go back there again before season ends. As for me - have yet to hear a gobble and that’s the first time in 5 years I’ve gone out two consecutive mornings and never heard one gobble. WIll give it another go shortly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
professor

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)