USA: Kansas Whitetail

sureshot375

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
I was fortunate enough to to take my biggest whitetail to date back in November. I’m still just impressed that I didn’t screw it up. It was about 45 min from when the buck came in until I was finally able to get a shot.

25 yards or so mostly broadside. I didn’t see him fall so I gave him a few hours. It was a short blood trail. He had fallen about 50 yards from the shot, just out of sight.

Rough score 185 or so. Probably 6.5 years old based on the teeth.

76FB325D-D679-4F9E-B307-8DC0BA4432CC.jpeg
00E8F3BA-9DC7-4D1F-8A47-4DE71519A854.jpeg
70A9E2F1-89BF-43AA-8DE7-7A2ADE837964.jpeg
DE4E9C47-3BE7-410A-972C-2C8F118DC6A3.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great buck

Wow! Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Great Buck, congrats on a giant!

HH

Exceptional deer. Well done. Congrats
Bruce

That is wonderful buck. Most go a lifetime without even seeing such an animal free range. Well done.

A nice one, congrats !

Managing to pull it off with a bow is impressive.
Patiently waiting that long is impressive. That is my absolute nemesis.
That is a great trophy. Well done.

Great buck!!

Nice, congratulations

WOW, that is a monster buck, and taken with a bow no less. Count yourself lucky, most guys never get to see anything that nice especially during hunting season.

Fantastic. Was that public or private land? Beautiful deer. Most of them just don't live long enough to grow that big.

Fantastic. Was that public or private land? Beautiful deer. Most of them just don't live long enough to grow that big.
Private land. I am fortunate to have some good neighbors who are also very selective. The deer stand a reasonable chance of making it to peak maturity.

Wonderful animal ! My favorite critter to hunt. Taking him with a bow makes it an even better hunt !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theferryman

Latest profile posts

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!
swashington wrote on 112Savage's profile.
May be interested in that LH Ruger in 375R. got any pics?