Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI, NRA
Hunted
Namibia (X2), Zambia, Zimbabwe, South Africa
I’m hunting ducks with my good friend @Jeff505 and several others on the Gulf Coast of Texas out of Port Mansfield. The weather has been crazy. Monday the wind was from the south at 20-35 mph. The high temp was 87f. Despite this, we limited out on Redheads, Pintails and Teal. This morning, the wind was from the north at 15-20mph. The high temp today is 67f. More typical weather for January in these parts. Another limit today of Pintails and Teal. We’ll drive up to Dallas on Friday for the AH get together and spend Saturday at the show. Life, as they say, is good.

BAE70546-6D8A-4A5A-8B3D-9F74531E90FD.jpeg

Our first day. Red heads and pintails made up most of the ducks.

Good times. Bet there is a lot of new birds coming down with this cold front moving down South.

I love hunting ducks up in the “steps “ south of town, hope y’all have another great hunt

Seems like all the Redheads in the country are down here now. Bluebills too. On calm days, like today, they’re rafted up in the middle of the Laguna sunning themselves. Hoping the wind picks up for our finale tomorrow. Although our first 2 days were so unbelievably good, it doesn’t really matter.

The 4 of us scratched down 15 birds today. We didn’t hear many shots fired. The ducks don’t move as much when it’s warm and calm. In all, we had a super trip!

Last edited:
The 4 of us scratched down 15 birds today. We didn’t hear many shots fired. The ducks don’t move as much when it’s warm and calm. In all, we had a super trip!
Successful hunt with 15 birds despite tough conditions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meixiqiuxing658

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!