Uganda Outfitter?

If you choose Christian Weth and Uganda Wildlife Safari’s. I can highly recommend PH Derren Ellerman. l hunted with him at Niassa Game Reserve with Kambako Safaris. He’s a top notch professional and has been hunting up there for 4 or 5 years now.

The word on the street inside the industry that has been mentioned by some is that perhaps some over-hunting has or is occurring. Anyone who’s been there have any opinions or experience with this issue?

The word on the street inside the industry that has been mentioned by some is that perhaps some over-hunting has or is occurring. Anyone who’s been there have any opinions or experience with this issue?
I cannot speak to any comparison from 5 or 10 years ago to today, but I can tell you, there were many days we saw 300-400 buffalo, some days maybe 100, then somedays we would see 1000 to 1700 buffalo. It is my understanding UWS gets around 100 buffalo permits per year, and based on the fact it is as large of a concession as I have ever seen, I cannot fathom how there is over hunting. It is true Tim Herald took 7 buffalo this year, perhaps you heard something about that.

Uganda next year thru Christian Weth with Charl Van Rooyen (early2025) and back again in 2026
to Hunt with my good friend & PH Thierry Labat and both will be the three major areas one on a "D" license and one on a "E" license with all three major hunt areas (Kafu, Aswa-Lolim, & Karamojo)
Both trips should get me together to harvest a Sitatunga, nile Bushbuck, East African bushbuck, a nice Kob, Oribi, and if lucky a Topi, along with several Nile Buffalo. I look so much forward to hunt personally with Charl for the first time and with Thierry Labat the next year even though we will likely cross paths in the same camps both years! And I'm so grateful that Thierry was able to help facilitate 2025 so a long time friend and I could get to do Africa together with our significant others and they can spend additional time with family who live in Uganda!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaribelSha

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
Africas leading outdoor and hunting filming company!
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg