Uganda Outfitter?

Huntforever

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
I’m looking for an Uganda PH/Outfitter for plains game animals with my bow. Anyone have suggestions?

I’ll send you a DM.

Feel free to DM me, I have hunted with Uganda Wildlife Safaris and KOS Safaris. You can search for my hunt reports here on the forum.

John Ed

Ernest Dyason with @Spear Safaris is hunting Uganda now. Great guy to hunt with

Uganda Wildlife Safaris (Christian Weth) gets lots of TV time.

I’m looking for an Uganda PH/Outfitter for plains game animals with my bow. Anyone have suggestions?

I'd be happy to help you. I hunted Nile buffalo and other PG species in Uganda with Jacques @JKO HUNTING SAFARIS in October 2022. Please let me know what questions you have.

Another vote for Christian Weth's Uganda Wildlife Safaris. I have hunted with UWS twice, first in the Kafu River Basin and Aswa Lolim in 2017 and in 2020 I hunted the Karamoja. All safaris were top-shelf.

Question?
how is Uganda price compared to other countries ?
we looked into Tanzania and found only one of us can afford it
same for Mozambican hunts
both of us are mainly interested in buffalo and one or two plains game

Question?
how is Uganda price compared to other countries ?
we looked into Tanzania and found only one of us can afford it
same for Mozambican hunts
both of us are mainly interested in buffalo and one or two plains game
You can send me a PM and I’ll send you the pricing I got at DSC. There are only 4 outfitters in country, so pretty straightforward. Buffalo I thought was expensive but less than most of Tanzania, but generally more than Mozambique. Plains game (with additional days added) I thought very reasonable. I booked a plains game hunt in 2026.

Maybe newbie question, but what does Uganda offer other countries do not?

I have not hunted Uganda myself but what comes to mind is Nile buffalo, Ugandan Kob, Nile waterbuck. There are some good resources but this one is what I used a lot, of course the internet can do the same thing but nothing can beat a good animal book.

IMG_0521.JPG

Hello sir,

We can definitely assist.

call my dear friend and PH Clint taylor who hunts in Uganda with Bruce Martin Safaris
brucemartin59@gmail.com
+256 772 221 006
He is amazing !

2 buffalo,Nile & cape, 2 sitatunga, 2 bushbuck and 2 reedbuck come to mind I’m sure there could be more. I’ve looked into Uganda but its not on my financial radar as of now.

And monster Defassa waterbuck and BIG warthogs!

Why so few outfitters in Uganda?
Not a huge number of hunting areas combined with a very low percentage of resident PHs to act as outfitters would be my guess. From my understanding it’s a very densely populated county and many hunting areas have people in them.

Last edited:
Kos Safaris, Ade Langely, adehunts@gmail.com, +256 704 989 257

Had dinner with this guy week before last, hunters who hunt with him are looking for eland, kob, hartebeest, oribi, waterbuck, possibility other things.

I hunted with Uganda Wildlife System last week, on the group buffalo hunt, animals available to take were, buffalo, hartebeest, reedbuck, oribi, warthog.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayadelhi01

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.