Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
SSAA, ADA, ACTA, SCI
Hunted
Australia, NZ, RSA
A friend just gave me a copy of

Two Hearts, One Passion: Dick And Mary Cabela's Hunting Chronicles With David Cabela

9780975554401-us-300.jpg

Looks like it will be a good read.

Attachments

• Two Hearts Passion Dick by Cabela David - AbeBooks.pdf
    720.2 KB · Views: 9
A friend just gave me a copy of

Two Hearts, One Passion: Dick And Mary Cabela's Hunting Chronicles With David Cabela

9780975554401-us-300.jpg

Looks like it will be a good read.
It's on my list ....but I haven't got to it yet. So many books, so little time! Happy reading. Sue

I finished it awhile ago. It starts off a bit slow then gets pretty interesting. I was fascinated that the Cabela family weren’t hardcore hunters when they started their business. Also read open mouthed about their first trip and the ph had them shooting sub par or non trophy animals just to fill their list. Lots of mistakes along the way. I bet he wishes he had that opportunity back!
It is an honest, sincerely written adventure from multiple perspectives (Dick, Mary and one of their boys) and there is some really good stuff in there. It’s a good pre trip read and worth reading even if you have been there a time or two or ten.

I finished it awhile ago. It starts off a bit slow then gets pretty interesting. I was fascinated that the Cabela family weren’t hardcore hunters when they started their business. Also read open mouthed about their first trip and the ph had them shooting sub par or non trophy animals just to fill their list. Lots of mistakes along the way. I bet he wishes he had that opportunity back!
It is an honest, sincerely written adventure from multiple perspectives (Dick, Mary and one of their boys) and there is some really good stuff in there. It’s a good pre trip read and worth reading even if you have been there a time or two or ten.

@Firebird thanjs for the info. WOW u didn’t know Cabelas weren’t hard core hunters in the beginning. I definitely want to read this. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Sue

@Firebird thanjs for the info. WOW u didn’t know Cabelas weren’t hard core hunters in the beginning. I definitely want to read this. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Sue
I think this thread will create an addition to quite a few "books to be read" list!!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GlenAlliso

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!
swashington wrote on 112Savage's profile.
May be interested in that LH Ruger in 375R. got any pics?
We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!