Trophy Elephant Bull

Grat

AH member
Reaction score
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Tanzania, SA, Austria, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, New Zealand
As there are elephant hunts offered and sold under this title- when is a Elephant Bull also a „Trophy“ Elephant- size of trophy?
How old is he reaching this size of trophy ? ( Think this depends also on the area?)

Elephant requires a cities allocation to export from the country of origin. I “believe” the biggest definition between a trophy and non-trophy is whether it can be exported or not. Most outfitters will not target large tusk elephants on a non trophy permit. You are looking for broken tusk old bulls. But all of this is up to the outfitters and country.

To me it’s in the eye of the beholder, my PAC elephant is a trophy to me.
But you would be correct in the area,some areas produce short and thick (Botswana) some long and thinner (Eastern Africa) some of the elephant hunters I’ve talked to have different opinions, some like shorter thick tusks, some want long symmetrical tusks and some only care about the weight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgmakeovers

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Safari Dave wrote on CoElkHunter's profile.
I didn't get drawn for Wyoming this year.

Are you planning to hunt Unit 4 this fall?

(Thinking about coming out)
EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!