Toothman Rifle Info?

Wishfulthinker580

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I was in my LGS today and the owner showed me a rifle he recently acquired as he knows I’m interested in such things. It was a Toothman made in Fox, Oklahoma (where I am from!) in 250-3000. This is no small thing and if you knew Fox, America you would know what I mean. If you blink you miss it when driving through.

Toothman worked for Hoffman Arms in Ardmore, Oklahoma after they had moved here from Cleveland, Ohio and before they moved to Amarillo. After Hoffman closed up shop here in around 1930(?), Toothman went into business for himself.

Does anyone happen to have any in depth information about Toothman rifles? Maybe from Petrov’s books?? Any help is much appreciated.

I regrettably did not take any pictures but it is very similar to this Hoffman:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 7.10.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 7.10.09 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 31
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 7.10.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 7.10.10 AM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 33

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rock4365

Latest profile posts

another great review

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!