Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Hunted
South Africa (Limpopo, Eastern Cape & Kalahari), Nicaragua, FL, CA, SD, GA, SC, CO
This is very disturbing, and how twisted these articles are.

Some misleading highlights of this article:

"According to data from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service obtained by the Center for Biological Diversity, from 2016 through 2020 hunting trophies - largely of exotic animals, such as giraffes, rhinos and zebras - were imported to the United States."

"While most people in the United States were on lockdown, with many living paycheck to paycheck, elite trophy hunters were still jet-setting around to kill wildlife for skins, skulls, mounts, bones, wings, teeth and feet," said Sanerib."

Gents, we need to wake up and be more united than ever, or our hunting days will be gone sooner than later.

Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 7.34.12 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
100% agree….. I’m under 40yo and I’ve changed my account that was earmarked for saving for a house to my hunting fund.

So the race is on to see if I can afford to live my dreams before they are banned.

"While most people in the United States were on lockdown, with many living paycheck to paycheck, elite trophy hunters were still jet-setting around to kill wildlife for skins, skulls, mounts, bones, wings, teeth and feet," said Sanerib."
I guess working my butt off and saving every extra penny I could come up with for three years to go to Namibia last year earned me a status promotion. I am officially an elite, jet -setter. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I guess working my butt off and saving every extra penny I could come up with for three years to go to Namibia last year earned me a status promotion. I am officially an elite, jet -setter. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I got you beat, the first time I went to Africa was 10 years ago. Oh, trust me, I'm changing my status as well. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: They are a bunch of ignorant phucks!

100% agree….. I’m under 40yo and I’ve changed my account that was earmarked for saving for a house to my hunting fund.

So the race is on to see if I can afford to live my dreams before they are banned.

I am right there with you. Every bit extra is going to a hunting fund. And it just isn't Africa, as an East Coaster non resident premium areas are getting harder and harder to draw. Just a sad state of affairs we are facing in the hunting community.

I am one of those ( elite, jet -setters) that rides in economy class. I was unaware that my seat was so "elite".

I continue to be amazed at how today's society can only feel accomplished by arrogantly determining that there are others beneath their self-determined moral superiority. They attempt to force their beliefs on others rather than figuring out how to better their own behaviors to gain that same sense of accomplishment. It seems the rule is that if I can force others to my will then I am better than they and I win.

As Ted Nugent basically said and the character John Dutton said of vegans: "You kill everything on the ground and under it". The thing is a lot of these people don't even claim to be vegans. They just ignor the fact that they are the cause of much death to supply their needs from meat to shoes. Stop using leather and you replace it with petroleum products which it appears the same group of individuals don't like either.

As the character Kayce stated: "It's a big deal takin' a life, but everything on earth's gotta do it to survive. Even trees. The big ones kill all the smaller stuff beneath it."

And I'll close with anther quote from the character John Dutton: "Yeah, something will kill us, too, Tate. It might be a bacteria so small you need a microscope to see it. It might be a big old bear. There's no such thing dying of old age. Something kills us all."

345 trophies per day??? Wow. I was feeling pretty good about the ten from my first ever African trip. That article kinda hurt my big fat feelings. It damaged my self esteem. I might need a safe space to finish out my day. Ten animals... I need to seriously up my game. Any idea if the Biden Administration has plans to provide payouts so I can try to close the gap between where I'm at and jet-set status?

TT, you are slacking a bit, you need to get on it. You still have 335 trophies to go. :ROFLMAO:

Seriously, ignorant people are reading and believing this crap. The fact that The Hill posted this article makes me think of how much we have lost on this fight.

The price tag to up my game likely would have meant I wouldn't have had a home to come home to. She is supportive... but there are likely limits.

I laughed at the first sentence...

exotic animals...were imported to the United States

If they weren't exotic they wouldn't need to be imported...

The writer without any life experiences quotes a political operative that "While most people in the United States were on lockdown, with many living paycheck to paycheck, elite trophy hunters were still jet-setting around to kill wildlife for skins, skulls, mounts, bones, wings, teeth and feet,"

Of course, without this, there were be a lot more people "living paycheck to paycheck" or worse, without any paycheck at all. This includes not only the safari operators but the folks working in the travel and import industries. This economic dimwit doesn't understand that the very people she's vilifying are the same people that are preventing the "paycheck" problem from getting worse.

Congratulations Seton Hall School of Journalism for graduating such a duh mass and to The Hill for publishing her.

It amazes, sickens and angers me that people can publish such lies and nonsense. They must have a very vivid imagination to pull such garbage out of thin air and expect anyone with half a brain to believe it. I doubt seriously that anywhere near that many trophies are harvested all over the world in any given year. It would take a small army quite awhile sweeping the world and killing everything in sight.

But, again, you have to consider who you're dealing with. These poor sickos get some idiotic brain fart and convince themselves that it's gospel and start blatting it around. There is no science or shred of truth, just frantic emotion. If they believe it they think everyone else should.

Hi guys,
There are several threads on the forum about banning trophy imports / banning hunting abroad.
Please take a lesson from the UK shooting and hunting organisations, who were ill prepared and well behind the curve for dealing with these type of lies pedalled by animal rights activists and continue to be so.
Please insure your hunting and shooting organisations represent your views and firmly campaign against these propaganda articles.
Yes a long and constant battle, but for our future generations this will be so important if they wish to enjoy what we have had the ability to participate in and enjoy!!

My issue is the article is biased by way of presenting but one side, making it into an imagined “issue,” and charging the imagination of the reader. I looked up the organization quoted and it’s staffed with a gazillion lawyers most from the NW.

Clickbait - the young author intentioned that word “disturbing.” It’s shameful to do so w out so much as arguing why, there’s nothing “there” to the article, not even much more as to place a touch of data and a quote and trying to gain Whoaa’s from the reader at the “large” numbers. Wholly badly written.

What’s news to me is the group‘s recent proposal to the International Criminal Court to place “ECOCIDE” into its canon, as an “unlawful or wanton acts committed with knowledge that there is a substantial likelihood of severe and either widespread or long-term damage to the environment,” that is to list ecocide as an international crime. Currently, the court can prosecute four crimes: war crimes, crimes against humanity, genocide and the crime of aggression. Ecocide would be the fifth.

When reading the definitions (theirs) of ecocide, while not explicit to the hunt, it’s sure to embrace species protection as a part of that structure. They got a lot of lawyers and a ready audience.

Last edited:
Well let’s all add to the total!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cliff88N09

Latest profile posts

Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.