Tanning vs Dip/Pack

Is the cow buffalo tanned or just salted? If just salted check on a price to get it tanned, this should reduce the weight some and may bring down the cost a little but the shipping is calculated by volumetric weight. Dimensions of the crate and weight put into a formula.
The quote I received was for tanning but excluded shipping from memory

The tanning prices seem to jump around like the shipping prices have lately, I had a kudu flat skin tanned for $300 in 2019 eastern cape safari and a roan backskin was $250 in the northwest province in 2021.

Hi,
I've been lucky enough to take 2 muntjacs and one CWD near Bedford/UK. I need to get 3 heads/skulls bleached and one cape tanned so that I could get it back to Poland. Is anybody to help me out with finding ANYBODY in UK, who could make it? Going through internet there is no one who could take care of it....

I will appreciate Your kind response.

Best regards

My two cents. If you have a taxidermist down there you trust do it. If not ship it home. I just like the tanning better here!

For long term storage my taxidermist suggested storage of tanned skin.
In this phase of my home arrangement, and in foreseeable future I dont have space for eland shoulder mount.
So, my taxidermist suggested for long term storage to make tanning, and then to keep it in deep freezer. So, I did.
in the mean time, I keep scull mount of eland on the wall.
So, it seams salted skin cannot last for too long? that would be my guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DesmondJar

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.