Website
thatsafricasafaris.com
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South-Africa, Namibia, Mozambique and Botswana
We just got back from an exceptional hunt with one of our Danish clients. Our client was staying in Hoedspruit Limpopo and was able to get away very early on Saturday morning for a quick two day trip. We departed at 5am for the concession area, which is near Origstad, as we still wanted to get some hunting done that day. With some light rain falling we were quite concerned that the weather was going to put a damper on our plans but as we approached the concession area the rain cleared up and with new hope we were excited to start the hunt. After some coffee and a light breakfast we were able to go out and enjoy the African bushveld in all its glory. Unfortunately, the client did not have a lot of time available and we were pushed for time so we had to make it work.
During the morning we had a couple of great stalks on oryx but unfortunately the wind was not playing along and we got busted a couple of times. Just as we were about to give up for the day we spotted a beautiful kudu in the distance and were able to put in a great stalk. Everything came together and with Diana smiling upon us we had a magnificent kudu bull in the salt.
The next day we headed out bright and early and were able to take a magnificent Blesbuck of about 18 inches, high up upon the mountains. After this early success we struggled to connect with either a oryx or a waterbuck which was the last two animals on our clients wishlist. As we were to head back to camp we saw a nice old waterbuck bull and we were able to stalk in close and our client was able to make a perfect shot on this grand old trophy.
Short but sweet - this is how I would describe this safari and indeed sweet it was. Very happy to have shared our passion and continent with yet another client.
I've added some photo's of the trophies. Sorry not the best quality, but it does the job.

Home for a few days before we head out for a Suni, Common Rheedbuck and Sharps Grysbuck. Will share that as soon as we are back.
Happy hunting everyone!

1711569534157.jpeg

1711569547212.jpeg

1711569578931.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done.
Is Hoedspruit considered in Limpopo?

Good day
Yes, Hoespruit lies within the Limpopo province.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayadelhi01

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.